Tax Free Airfield/Aerodrome Maintenance Manager
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: €150-180k DOE
The Maintenance Manager (Engineering) is responsible for managing the technician team/ contractor and continually improving level of asset performance for all business partners and customers, developing the team so that targets are met and exceeded by maximising system availability in line with operational requirements. Also accountable for driving performance, standards and efficiencies through leading by example, inspirational management and proactive innovation whilst ensuring all work streams adhere to company standards and are compliant with the latest company, legislative, statutory and environmental requirements, resulting in maintenance service delivery and operational support that meets and exceeds KPI and stakeholder expectations.
The role of Airfield Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for the operation, maintenance and strategic oversight of airfield infrastructure, including all airfield structural pavement/assets/airfield markings/lighting systems and security boundary systems. The role will provide strategic and tactical leadership for the effective maintenance management of the airfield to ensure this critical infrastructure is available to meet the needs of the business day-to-day and into the future.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the relationship with the RAC Maintenance Directorate.
- Lead and take responsibility for the compliance of aerodrome infrastructure ensuring they meet the statutory and regulatory compliance as outlined in GACAR certification specifications and ICAO standards.
- Ensure the ongoing serviceability of key airfield infrastructure including runways, lighting systems etc.
- Develop and implement strategy for airfield assets, people and processes.
- Manage the planning, coordinating and implementing of airfield operative maintenance activities day-to-day.
- Ensure the implementation of the airfield pavement management system thus ensuring ongoing runway availability (including taxiways/stands/roads).
- Oversee the maintenance of the airfield ground lighting system, including planning, maintenance and repair management.
- Select, lead, manage, develop and coach the airfield maintenance team.
- Embed the use of the Computerised Maintenance Management System across all airfield assets.
- Lead the implementation of lean processes across airfield maintenance.
- Engage with Engineering and Operations teams on the communication, smooth delivery and coordination of airfield maintenance, capital works or projects.
- Understand and manage risks in highly critical part of operation.
- Promote, develop, drive and maintain the highest standards in terms of health, safety and the environment, quality management and continuous improvement initiatives across the airfield.
- Act as a customer in the relationship with the RAC Maintenance team in managing external contracts with key supply chains and ensuring SLA’s are met.
- Ensure that appropriate training is provided and records are maintained for direct staff.
- Work with RAC Maintenance Directorate to ensure that contractors comply with RAC requirements for SMS in Airside prior to any award of contract or works taking place.
*NB: All applicants CVS will be reviewed and should your skillset match our client’s requirements, we will contact you via email / mobile. We are also happy to consider you for other open opportunities within Firstaff. If however, you object to us holding your data on file, please acknowledge via email by return.*
Reference ID: PDAERODROMEMA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €150,000.00 to €180,000.00 /year
- Advanced/Higher Certificate (Preferred)