We are urgently seeking an experienced Strategic Housing Assistant Director to lead and be accountable for a strategic housing function, designing and implementing delivery models to drive new homes across the area within one of our local government clients based in Doncaster.
This is a brand new role and we need a candidate to hit the ground running on an interim basis whilst they interview for the permanent position. The Strategic Housing Assistant Director will focus on the strategic short term and long term plans for improving and developing a wider portfolio taking into consideration: Affordable housing, sustainable new buildings,mix of affordable and executive housing and utilising the ‘rich’ land.
They will forge strong relationships with partners such as St Ledger, Home England, key council stakeholders and ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Extensive experience of leading and delivering significant house build programmes
- Experience of working on strategic housing related services and programmes across a range of housing such as private sector and social housing sectors.
- Experience of securing significant funding and evidence of effective deployment to maximise resources and deliver local ambition.
- Significant experience of working across public and private sector bodies, forming strong partnerships and delivering common objectives
- Good knowledge of the national policy agenda related to housing, health and social care, including schemes related to social housing.
- Experience of working within an environment with a strong political landscape
Please apply for further information
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £500.00 to £650.00 /day
- Public Sector Housing: 5 years (Preferred)