Overview of Role
The new Partner Development Manager (PDM) will work alongside the company Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help expand the number of reports and events the company produces in Europe and North America. The PDM will also manage warm relationships in the UK and continental Europe.
For the role to be successful, it needs to be filled by a candidate with established sales pedigree, who has a well-developed consultative sales approach, who’s keen to contribute to the sales and marketing strategy and overall business strategy.
The role involves getting in touch with C-suite and senior management professionals, mostly marketing, business development and senior management, in the areas of asset management, banking, and financial technology. Therefore, experience and comfort in working with these areas are key.
The role is suitable for someone with an established record selling advertising or sponsorship ranging from £5,000 – £40,000 and with sales targets in excess of £150,000 per year.
The candidate will report into the CEO.
Key duties of the role include:
- Actively selling on different projects at one time
- Follow-up inbound leads and sourcing new leads within existing clients/prospects
- Sourcing sales leads from a variety of sources
- Managing the client relationship as an account manager across the life of a report, event or survey project
- Assisting and advising Content Producers on market feedback for report, event and survey content development – the company works as a holistic team so the PDM will be expected to assist the Content Producers in every way to ensure client goals are met
The ideal candidate will:
- Have worked either within an institutional financial services/investment sector sponsorship role for a minimum of two years. Experience in other B-2-B industries will also be considered.
- Have a consultative style of selling
- Have developed an intimate understanding of their field of work and established strong sales relationships with top tier companies in their field, showing a passion for industry knowledge and self-learning of their customer profile.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment in hitting sales targets
- Be creative in their thinking and flexible to work on a variety of projects focussed on very different subjects
- Be highly organised – the company operates a clear and well-oiled reporting and administration management process that everyone is expected to work within
- Be a go-getter!
- 35-37k basic salary
- 7.5% commission on all sales across any media
- 2,000 per half-year bonus for hitting sales targets (plus an extra £1,000 for hitting 75% of first quarter target – £50,000)
Targets and Performance Measurement:
- £200,000 in first calendar year, £100,000 per 6 months
- Project contacts made targets, both calls and meetings – to be set per project
About the Business
The Company has established itself as a leading provider of content media for the institutional finance sector in the UK, Europe, and North America. The business has a presence in both London and the U.S. through a Content Producer based in Las Vegas (the start of a wider push into the U.S.)
Currently, the business produces circa 20 opinion reports a year plus 3 events.
Having established and robustly tested the business operating model and unique style of published content, the Company is now seeking to expand to become a global content media company, physically present in the main financial centres of the word and offering a range of complementary media and marketing channels.
Despite its footprint in the market, the Company is still very small and has the feel of a start-up with a creative approach to business and open structure to employee suggestions. As such, each employee is expected to contribute to the company’s future and is exposed as well as rewarded based on how well they do that.