Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud services. Within this Team, Site Acquisition is generally responsible for a wide variety of activities associated with the acquisition of leases to support datacenter deployment and other innovative real estate solutions to enable continued datacenter expansion.
The Site Acquisition Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Site Acquisition Managers in managing leasing projects regionally to meet aggressive Ready for Service timelines, primarily in EMEA. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a team environment to deliver multiple real estate projects simultaneously while adhering to strict governance.
- New Lease Site Provider onboarding
- Creates/Initiates RFP within the RFP-SOQ (technical requirement) portal and has it sent out to the Lease Site Providers
- Coordination and follow-up between the MSFT technical due diligence SMEs & Lease Site Providers to ensure the RFP-SOQ portal is completed
- Plans & facilitates site visits (single point of coordination)
- Upload all documentation/drawings from the portal to SharePoint
- Preparation of responses for extract into a Lease Agreement Exhibit
- Supporting Site Acquisition Manager in delivering the Stakeholder Buy-off Deck
- Active Lease Project reporting (Weekly, Monthly, Fundamentals etc.)
- Lease Project Governance – Action, Issue, Risk, OKR Management
- Supporting the continuous improvement of our Site Acquisition Runbook and Lease Cycle Execution workflow
- Any additional RFP support as required to support project delivery
- Program Management consistency globally
- Proven problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills
- Be a self-starter and a leader that can maintain focus and deliver results consistently that drive business capability value
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives on minimal supervision. Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure in an extremely volatile and high paced environment
- Must be able to deliver results or projects in a timely manner
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to get the job done with proven experience leading complex programs/initiatives to successful completion
- Strong written and oral communication skills with experience providing project status to line and senior management
- Strong understanding of business planning and cross-organizational consulting and/or support processes – preferably in a very large, matrixed enterprise
- High level of organization, planning, prioritization and attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including conflict / negotiation management – demonstrated influencing skills
- High energy and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to motivate self and others, often virtually
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.