Senior Credit and Collections Manager (REQ-540)
Location: Galway, Ireland
HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. Every day millions of people in more than 100 countries use our products and services to securely access physical and digital places. Over 2 billion things that need to be identified, verified and tracked are connected through HID Global’s technology. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. We work with governments, universities, hospitals, financial institutions and some of the most innovative companies on the planet-helping them to create trusting and trusted physical and digital environments so that they and the people who use them can fulfill their potential. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,500 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID GlobalÂŽ is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit http://www.hidglobal.com.
Working at HID:
HID Global is an innovative fast-paced organisation, with many possibilities to make a difference and add value. HID is recognised for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We value diversity and endorse an open-minded collaborative working environment.
We are seeking an operationally focused Senior Credit and Collections Manager to join our HID Global Finance team. Reporting to the Director, Shared Services, the successful candidate will establish and lead the Credit and Collections function. This will include the management, creation, implementation, and administration of credit and collection policies, procedures, and processes. Our business is poised for rapid global growth, both organically and by acquisition. You will therefore also be involved in the integration of global acquisitions.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following
Manages and directs the day to day operations of the Global, Credit Collections and Cash Application Departments to ensure the processes and procedures of the Department adhere, and contribute to, the overall strategic financial objectives of the Company
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Collection Department which includes analyzing and collecting on all trade accounts receivable aging within the EMEA region.
- Build and supervise a team (up to 6 staff) of credit analysts and collections professionals
- Supports the Credit, Collection and Cash Application departments with continuous on the job training and researches external training curricula for potential enrollment of staff in areas which merit further development
- Build relationships with all members of HID Global Corporation community, in particular the sales force, customer service and peers
- Assumes responsibility for all facets of the credit process including releasing of pending orders, increasing or decreasing customer lines of credit and denying a line of credit to an account with the option to be a cash in advance customer
- Responsible for leading all aspects of Cash Application Department. Responsible for identifying and analyzing customer deductions or short pays for validity and thoroughly investigating for proper documentation, posting all payments received via ACH, EFT, wire transfer and electronic
- Manage orders shipped via CAD (cash against documents) and LC payment arrangements
- Continuously evaluates the procedures and controls of the Credit, Collection and Cash Application Departments to identify any weaknesses and immediately rectifies in order to ensure clean internal and external audits
- Monitor performance of accounts placed for collection with outside collection agencies
- Acquisitions and Systems
- Responsible for integrations of new companies (acquisitions). Leads ORACLE and Company direct integrations, system testing, and regression testing, as it pertains to Accounts Receivable functions. Approves and prioritizes modifications to ORACLE, as part of project team, ensures upgrades and system improvements occur without negatively affecting normal day-to day business
- Responsible for monthly Bad Debt Reserves and reconciliations of AR General Ledger balances at month end
- Participates in annual audit
- Credit Policy and Doubtful debts
- Assist in the design and implementation of corporate credit policies and procedures to control potential losses from credit exposure and maximize cash flow and supporting continued sales growth
- Ensure compliance with credit policy through periodic reviews of the portfolio
- Present strategies to reduce loss exposure on accounts
- Analyse customer credit profile and perform credit research, including evaluation of credit rating agency information
- Recommend appropriate line of credit and related security
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure collection of current and past due balances
- Recommend accounts for write off
- Prepare accounts receivable report including department metrics, accounts receivable aging, DSO, collections, referrals to collection agencies, etc.
- Completes all AR related audit schedules
- Must be familiar with Inco Terms and know how to structure letters of credit and CADs
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements
- Ability to make independent business decisions
- Strategic thinking
- Clear understanding of business cycle from order process to collections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team work oriented
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance.
- Minimum of 10+ years management experience in a high touch B2B credit and collection environment, including a minimum of 5 years management experience
Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing
Must be proficient in MS Office
Familiarity with Oracle or similar ERP system is required
Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems
Travel and fieldwork including international travel may be required, therefore an employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport
Must be legally eligible to work in Ireland
Final Application Date: 17th November 2019
HID Global is an equal opportunities employer