Branch: Hotel Indigo Manchester
Location: Hotel Indigo Manchester – Victoria Station is next to Manchester Victoria Railway station
Salary/Benefits: Competitive Salary
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Posted date: 10/11/2019
Closing date: 12/12/2019
Have you got what it takes? Do you lead from the Front?
We now have a great opportunity to recruit an experienced Maintenance Manager who has worked in a similar type property and will thrive on assisting in the running of this successful hotel.
What are we looking for?
- As Maintenance Manager you will responsible for:-
- The day to day repairs in the hotel guest rooms and public areas liaising directly with outsourced contractors. Ensuring that all health and safety audits and checks are completed such as Fire testing and Emergency lighting.
- You will be required to allocate responsibilities to the team, complete the daily job list and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Taking responsibility for the general maintenance of the property, upkeep of its facilities and the management of the maintenance team, as Maintenance manager you will ensure that jobs are completed efficiently to ensure that the guest expectations are met during their stay
- You must meet time deadlines, liaise with contractors and take responsibility for health and safety.
- Duty Management shifts are an integral part of this role.
The Skills and Experience you need to thrive in this role
A good understanding of building services is required as is a solid experience in a maintenance role at Management level. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more building trades including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting/ decorating or general building maintenance, however, the role does offers training and development to improve overall technical skills and knowledge.
Other desired skills/experience that would prove beneficial in the role would include IT literacy, Health Safety and the ability to conduct first level fault-finding.
The responsibilities of the role are wide and include planned maintenance programs, reactive maintenance, defect repair and health safety checks, good planning and organisational skills are therefore required. As the position involves working predominantly in guest areas, candidates must be smart, polite and respectful. On call duty will be required along with the possibility of working with other properties if the business requires it.
Ideally you will have previous experience as a Maintenance Manager in a Hotel environment, a thorough knowledge of all areas of the trade and a good understanding of legislation and requirements. You will have an eye for detail and a passion for fixing things!
How do we Reward you?
Great rewards are aligned to joining our portfolio, not only do Interstate offer great discounts for Staff, Friends Family within all their UK hotels, but you also get to experience your own brand benefits, World Wide!!! Plus we have a very successful Training Academy that awaits you, to support your development and career across all brands.
So if you have a great personality, are results driven, and can be a valued team member, especially during pressured times, then we want to hear from you!
*In line with our PCI Policy, the successful candidate will have to undergo a basic disclosure check*
Do you want to work for a boutique hotel, with the peace of mind that comes in working for one of the world’s largest hotel companies? Hotel Indigo, our boutique brand, combines the modern design and the intimate service associated with a boutique hotel. Set to double in size within the next three to five years, our hotels are usually located in the ‘arty’ part of town, so perhaps we are opening in your neighbourhood? Each Hotel Indigo is unique, and delivers a vibrant, engaging and genuine boutique experience that gives guests a real flavour of the neighbourhood – delivering an experience that is truly reflective of the local culture, character and geography.
This hotel is managed by Interstate Hotels; a world leading Management Company that operates over 450 franchised and independent hotels globally, working in partnership with the biggest brands in hospitality.