Adlington Management Services (AMS) is an innovative specialist manager of high-quality retirement accommodation with care, typically comprising of multi-storey privately owned apartments. The company is part of the multi-award-winning developer Adlington, which is part of the respected Gladman Group with over 30 years of development experience.
The company is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic General Manager with great interpersonal and communication skills to take ownership for the overall management of its latest development. Exclusively for the over 65s, The Cottons is comprised of 57 luxury retirement apartments located in the charming town of Ramsbottom.
All of the luxurious apartments benefit from their own balcony or patio and owners will enjoy the use of a stylish lounge, table service restaurant serving breakfast and lunch daily, coffee lounge, activities studio, therapy suite, hairdressing salon and an en-suite guest room. The development is easily accessed by car, with great road links to the M66.
What will this role of Hospitality General Manager entail?
As the Hospitality General Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality, customer focused housing management, care and support, catering, maintenance and administration services. Managing a small yet rapidly growing team, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with homeowners, relatives, colleagues and professional advisors, providing a welcoming and homely atmosphere
- Implementing a programme of leisure and social activities for homeowners
- Providing assistance and monitoring homeowners on a daily basis, ensuring care and support plans are in place for all homeowners who require them
- Collecting and banking funds for service charges and the guest suite
- Ensuring that housing and wellbeing services are managed effectively within compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Undertaking risk assessments, recording maintenance inspections and arranging for fire tests to be carried out
- Reviewing all contractors, procedure manuals and undertaking value for money reviews
What will I need in order to be considered for this role?
- Proven managerial experience gained within the hospitality sector or a customer focused business
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to deal with complex issues, prioritise workload and work effectively under pressure
Highly advantageous would be knowledge of regulatory requirements for housing and wellbeing services, and knowledge of best practice in Housing Provision for older people.
What will I receive in return?
As the Hospitality General Manager, you’ll receive a starting salary of up to £33,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications, plus a range of benefits including 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays; 6% employer pension contributions and private healthcare.
You’ll be employed on a permanent, full time contract, working approximately 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet business needs.
All applications for this Hospitality General Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.