Want to be a mentor to others? Want to take the next step in your career? Enjoy helping others? This could be for you!
Location: Isle of Wright, Hampshire,
Hours: 37.5 per week.
Achieve together are currently looking for a deputy manager to join the care team based in Isle of Wright, Hampshire on a permanent basis to support young people with learning disabilities and or autism in transition from residential college, foster care or the family home.
Copperfield House is a large detached house within walking distance of local amenities. The service has been completely refurbished to a very high standard and has six bedrooms plus communal areas. There are two ground floor bedroom with full en-suite bathrooms. On the first floor there are a further three en-suite bedrooms plus a self-contained flat. In addition to a large kitchen the service has a lounge and dining room as well as a secure private garden.
- Your duties will be varied, with no two days the same, you will take responsibility as the person-in-charge for the day-to-day running of the home, whilst promoting a supportive and enabling environment for the people we support through modelling the high standards of professional practice which are conducive to their physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual well-being.
- With highly effective communication skills, you will interact with all departments internally and externally to ensure the safe and efficient running of the service.
- This exciting and varied role is perfect for a dedicated and resilient person with a people centred focus, the ability to problem solve, manage financials in a business environment as well as coach and develop your team.
- You will either have, or be working towards, your Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
About the company
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary.
- Fully paid training and DBS check.
- A pension scheme.
- Online discount scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Achieve together
We are a leading provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, dementia, hearing impairment, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy. The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
Achieve together is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
So, if you fancy a new challenge, what are you waiting for? Apply now!