Data Science Manager
** Global Media Agency **
COMPANY & ROLE
This role sits within one of the world’s most recognisable media agencies, leading on the growth and development of the data science offering for a variety of local and international clients.
This is a great chance to be part of a small yet influential, and visible team within one of the world’s most respected Media Agencies, working on designing cutting edge data science solutions, products and tools.
You will report into a very credible Director, who has a strong heritage in media agency and management consulting analytics and work amongst a wider team of experts in media analytics, management consulting, measurement and reporting as well as mar-tech and data tech consulting.
The role is twofold, focusing on the global coordination and diplomacy of for data science initiatives across local and international departments. You should enjoy working with people, teams and resource to share best practice, refine products, capabilities, tools and techniques. You will talk peer to peer with other highly technical data scientists, as well as provide guidance and learning to insight analysts, so the ability to tailor your communication style and approach depending on your audience is key; with the ultimate goal of connecting the analytics and data science community across the different agency markets.
Secondly, you will be developing apps and solutions, to enable other analysts and data scientists to deliver insights and solutions to stakeholders, so a background in machine learning or computer science is key.
There are already a number of these in place (for example, an app solution for multi-touch attribution) which need maintaining as well as modules adding to as well.
Finally, you should also be commercially minded, naturally curious and eager to constantly deliver the best possible solutions to a business problem.
Clients include global automotive, travel and FMCG brands, so you will be involved in some diverse and exciting projects.
SALARY £70k plus benefits
LOCATION Central London
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering
- Coding in Python is essential, plus background in R
- Experience in prototyping of products solutions, using open source technology for scalable pipelines (Spark, R-shiny, Dash/Flask, Play environment, etc.)
- Managing, accessing, querying structured/unstructured data bases (SQL, Hive, Mongo, etc.)
- Knowledge of modelling solutions (e.g. attribution) and Experimental designs (e.g. A/B and Multi-Variate testing) to support business decisions
- The ability to build strong relationships and communities amongst peers and stakeholders
- Ideally experience in a media agency, or relevant customer marketing environment
For further information or to apply please contact:
Managing Consultant – Blue Pelican Marketing
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com