Located in the picturesque village of Kilcoole, in the âGarden Of Irelandâ, Kilcoole Nursing Home Wicklow is a state of the art new nursing home comprising spacious dining and lounge facilities and an abundance of residential amenities.
We are recruiting for a Chef Manager to join this new home. The ideal person will have a genuine passion for food and will be enthusiastic about developing the kitchen function in the home, producing outstanding food and ensuring high standards are achieved.
Purpose of the role
To develop, manage, supervise and provide the catering service within the Nursing Home efficiently and in accordance with current legislation and Company Policy and procedure.
This role reports and is responsible to the Director of Nursing
What does the role entail?
- Planning and costing of menus to meet the dietary requirements and preferences of residents within allocated financial resources.
- Providing a high standard of catering to meet the needs of residents and staff.
- Ensures food is prepared and cooked in accordance with current food hygiene regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures the standard of hygiene in the kitchen meets all Health and Safety Regulations and records are maintained to demonstrate this.
- Ensures all equipment is operated, maintained and serviced as per manufacturers instructions and Health and Safety requirements/recommendations.
- Ensures risk assessments are conducted and adequate records retrained and reviewed at regular intervals.
- Ensures all cleaning materials and substances used in the kitchen are handled and stored in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health requirements.
- Manages the team to ensure adherence to all legislative guidelines/requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Maintains adequate records for purchasing and stock control.
- Adheres to all current HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points), First Aid, Hygiene, Health & Safety rules and COSHH Regulations at all times.
What are the Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Professional qualification (Culinary Arts/HACCP/QQI)
- HACCP Health & Training Certified
- Experience working in healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards and special diets for elderly)
- Can work as part of, and lead a team having excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Passionate about delivering great food to our Residents.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Fluent level of English both written and oral.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the catering manager. Given the nature of the work it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in a Nursing Home. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder and the Home Manager.