CRH is looking for a well-rounded and experienced Category Manager West Europe Maintenance & Production Services. You have extensive experience in procurement of Maintenance & Production Services, specifically related to cement, asphalt, limestone, ready-mix, construction and/or aggregates. You are accountable for implementing all category related decisions products and services on a local level. You act as a lead buyer for local organizations without a local category manager and ensure that local business requirements are considered in the category strategy. This is an interesting time to board CRH as you can be part of the development of the procurement function and category management on a strategic level. As such, we are looking for resilient, entrepreneurial procurement professionals who are able to create and drive excellence.
- Coordinate all category activities within a country during bid and project execution phase;
- Accountable for development, execution, and maintenance of country procurement strategy and Project Procurement Plans in alignment with country stakeholders as well as market and global procurement strategies;
- Accountable for procurement KPI Performance Management and process adherence in the country, within own area of responsibility;
- Ensure execution of S2P process (from screening to onboarding and lifecycle management) for local suppliers;
- Maintain strategic relationships with key country suppliers ;
- Analyze supply market, anticipate to changes and drive associated procurement activities;
- Evaluate contracts and suppliers in order to facilitate final supplier base decisions with relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures products and services are purchased in the most cost- and time-efficient manner, implements and ensures purchasing best practices;
- Coordinates category and supplier strategy implementation in the country.
- Bachelor and / or Master’s degree combined with 5-8 years of procurement experience;
- Experience in managing the category Maintenance & Production Services on a local level is required;
- Fluent written and verbal English is a must, with business proficiency in German and/or French;
- Well-rounded and experienced Procurement professional with sound business acumen;
- Data and people driven leader and decision maker;
- Ability to lead and drive the execution of the local category management agenda;
- Dedicated and engaged partner who strongly engages with both the business and the regional procurement organization to enhance collaboration and obtaining the local procurement objective.
This position can be executed in France or Germany. This role requires a frequent amount of travel.
CRH is the leading building materials business in the world, employing around 90,000 people at 3,700 operating locations in 32 countries. CRH manufactures and supplies a range of integrated building materials, products and innovative solutions which can be found throughout the built environment, from major public infrastructure projects to commercial buildings and residential structures. Each day, millions of people around the world come into contact with our materials and products which help fulfill the basic human need of shelter and the infrastructure we need for our societies to thrive.
As a multinational and multicultural organization, CRH recognizes that our diverse and talented global workforce is critical to sustaining competitive advantage and long-term success. At CRH we want to challenge all of our employees to reach their full potential and play their part in the success of our business. We place a strong focus on developing and empowering our employees to help ensure that we have the talent and capabilities we need now and in the future. We also strive to provide an attractive, rewarding and stimulating modern work environment that will engage and inspire our employees to meet the ever evolving standards and expectations of our customers.
We offer an international workplace with a lot of opportunities, freedom and flexibility. As such, self – starters who enjoy working in a challenging environment and who can play a role in shaping our future are encouraged to join CRH. We take care of our employees and therefore offer a generous total rewards package, a diverse and inclusive culture and professional development opportunities. Our benefits include amongst others a holiday allowance, 30 annual holidays, several options for mobility allowance, pension plan, free parking on site at our Amsterdam location, discount on several insurances and discount on private lease.