As Accounting Director HQ Europe for Teva you will work in an international, fast changing and challenging environment. To strengthen the Accounting Team, they are looking for a seasoned professional. You will focus primarily on business understanding, improvement of accounting throughout Europe and take oversight over all accounting activities in 3-4 small/medium sized countries in Europe. Typically, you will be closely working with the European accounting leads in all the countries in Europe, CFOs, Procurement, Legal, HR.
TEVA’s finance department is currently going through a transition. As part of this transition a European Accounting team is being established over the course of 2019 to support the local accounting departments of the 30+ European countries. The team will enhance support in the following areas: Financial reporting, Internal control and process improvement, Tax (transfer pricing, tax accounting, restructurings), Systems and People development.
The ideal candidate has an extensive knowledge regarding USGAAP principles, a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a relevant field and the right drive and ambition to make a difference within Teva.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Enhance business understanding of various countries in Europe to enhance accounting activities
- Have managerial responsibility over all accounting activities in 3-4 small/medium sized countries in Europe which means taking ultimate responsibility of the financial reporting
- Perform periodic balance sheet reviews in a number of countries to gain and maintain good understanding of relevant topics/issues
- Lead the European USGAAP accounting expert team of 4 people
- Lead the European Accounting forum
- Maintain strong relationships with the accounting community in Europe
Education and skills
- Higher education/academic work level
- At least 8-10 years of experience in accounting or tax accounting
- Strong and extensive knowledge of US GAAP (prerequisite)
- Knowledge about Oracle or SAP is an advantage
- Knowledge about the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment
- Service oriented to deliver the best support to the countries
- Strong focus on improvement opportunities
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Want to work in a new (to be) established team
- Problem solving skills
- Able to travel in Europe when necessary (20-30%)
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at Rick.Westland@greenberg.nl or at 06 14 58 76 33