Turner & Townsend are looking for Cost & Assistant Cost Managers to join our dynamic award winning, Cost Management team in our Leeds Office, working within Turner & Townsend’s Real Estate team.
There are long term secured frameworks with national and regional organisations within the following sectors – Retail, Commercial, Industrial, Education, Healthcare and Defence.
You will have a fantastic opportunity to progress within our business and receive professional investment from the company as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including buying or selling up to five days annual leave. There will also be the opportunity to support internal business initiatives and development, in order to offer our people an all-round exposure to the business. You must be able to demonstrate consultancy experience and have professional membership of the RICS (or working towards this).
- Assisting on feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Estimating and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan
- Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
- Dealing effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes, where applicable referring major changes to line manager
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations on larger projects and in all cases ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Inputting into value engineering
- Negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all of the above accountabilities
- Good technical grounding in all of the main areas of cost management and contractor a background
- Experience of acting as Commission Manager on small to medium sized projects, or at least sufficient related experience to enable a step up to performing the role of Commission Manager
- Good knowledge of the main procurement methods and their application with respect to the ‘tactical procurement’ of small to medium sized buildings
- Knowledge and understanding of value engineering
- Experience of utilising a range of industry standard processes and systems (IT and other) in order to effectively deliver a project.
- Professionally qualified (RICS or similar)
- Degree or HNC level qualification
- Ability to successfully manage and prioritise more than one project at a time.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at http://www.turnerandtownsend.com/