At Smiths Group we are looking for a Unified Communications Services Manager to be based in Watford on a permanent basis. The incumbent can be based in Manchester as well if available to travel to Watford once a week.
The primary function of the Unified Communications (UC) Service Manager role is to manage, maintain and ensure support for Smiths Unified Communications portfolio of services including fixed line voice\telephony (POTS, IPT and PBX), Skype for Business (Lync)\Teams and Audio\Video conferencing that meet the requirements of the business.
- Ensure all aspects of Smiths UC\telephony environment is appropriately documented, supported, managed and maintained
- Define strategy roadmaps, standards, solutions and services for Smiths UC\telephony environment
- Manage stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate documentation for both support teams and customers is in place and maintained
- Accountable for resolution of support tickets, outages, Major Incidents and escalations.
- Report performance and usage of Smiths Voice and UC estate.
- Divesture and Acquisition support.
- Establish playbooks for implementation of new UC\Voice deployments.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they are meeting contractual obligations
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Knowledge of all aspects of telephony and fixed line voice (POTS, ISDN, PRI and SIP) globally
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft communication and collaborations products (Skype for Business and Teams)
- Experience working with in an ITIL framework (ITIL qualification a plus)
- Experience consolidating and integrating UC environments
- Experience managing UC services in a multinational setting
- Experience analysing and reporting fixed line bills and customer service records
- Experience with managing Mitel and Cisco telephony solutions
- Experience managing projects
- Microsoft Office Professional Software Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Data Analytics skills
Smiths Group plc is a global entity with 5 distinct trading Divisions. Smiths Business Information Services, commonly known as “BIS,” is Smiths Group’s internal IT organisation, supporting the Group’s business divisions and corporate centre. Key priorities include delivery of all day to day IT services, development of new IT solutions and services and helping colleagues protect the companyâs information assets.