You will be required to ensure the successful delivery of major special projects for gas compression customers by coordinating activities across sales, engineering, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Define and implement a process to deliver special projects for John Crane’s gas compression business. Special projects are those where performance or delivery requirements fall outside published engineering and operations limits.
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed on progress to implement the special project delivery process
- Ensure the special project delivery process consistency across all global locations
- Ensure special projects are delivered on time and on budget, with no quality issues
- Ensure all stakeholders are informed of status of open special projects
- Identify and help remove roadblocks to successful delivery of special projects
- Identify and initiate business process improvement projects to improve the special project delivery process
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company’s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company’s environmental performance goals.
- Complete, and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- Familiarity with project management techniques
- Experience in sales, engineering, manufacturing, or contract management of complex engineered products
- Experience in rotating equipment or oil and gas a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to navigate multiple constituencies in a matrixed organization
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.