Responsible for managing and growing business relationships with the existing client base across Germany, Austria and Switzerland (DACH) region by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms and driving new business with PE firms (private equity), Investment Funds and Alternative Asset Management Firms for the region.
This position will report to the head of Business Development for EMEA and will initially be based in London with the possibility of relocation to the Munich office.
Successful candidates, once hired, will:
- Have a thorough understanding of GLG’s value proposition
- Be trained and supported in selling knowledge services to executives at diverse corporations
- Identify, meet with, and close deals with executive clients
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for assigned territories that executes against a high-revenue growth imperative and increased profitability;
- Plan for and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of clients and prospects;
- Engage key constituents at clients as a thought partner, with a heavy focus on senior-level decision makers, in order to understand these clients’ work, differentiate the company’s brand, and tailor value proposition to these critical influencers;
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across company teams, particularly with stakeholders on client servicing teams;
- Provide real-time analysis of account activity, usage trends, and company development of new products
Key performance metrics for this role include performance to closed deals and revenue target, personal performance to target, effectiveness of senior-level client engagement, and adoption by clients of new products and systems. Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services, and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Candidates for this position must have a clear track record of excellence in their career to date
- Demonstrated success selling information services and solutions to corporations
- Full fluency of German
- A Bachelor’s degree, Masters is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- A willingness to travel and work among a global team of professionals
- A demonstrated interest within professional services; professional experience working at a top tier strategy consulting firm would be a significant advantage
- Strong leadership skills
- A strong passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- A demonstrated ability to understand people and communicate clearly
- Resilience / strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- Teamwork and professionalism
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours and lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mind-set; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a prestigious international client base and learn from leading subject-matter experts, including C-level executives, on a daily basis
- Full access to GLG Library and opportunity to attend events such as round tables with experts
- Real autonomy in the role and the opportunity to progress quickly
- Mentoring opportunities by becoming an Ambassador for new graduates
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- Competitive salary
Closing date 13th October 2019
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 2000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit http://www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgement, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, colour, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 1 year (Preferred)