Vice President, Brand Entertainment
Introduction to The Story Lab
The Story Lab (TSL) is Dentsu Aegis Networkâs entertainment company. We work with best in class creators and producers to fund, develop and distribute innovative entertainment formats, scripted drama and films that attract audiences for media owners and brands across all markets.
Since 2015, it has expanded its footprint to 20 markets, attracted more than 250 entertainment and marketing professionals, invested in its own slate of premium entertainment content rights and has also produced and exec produced hundreds of hours of brand entertainment.
- Build trust and maintain close relationships directly with senior level clients (brand heads to CMO level) and with internal client teams within DAN in order to understand their brand and business challenges and effectively and proactively convert those into new revenue-driving brand entertainment projects that TSL can deliver.
- Develop truly exciting and innovative original TV and AV brand entertainment concepts and ideas, both proactively and in response to global client briefs. Effectively market and sell those concepts to brand clients, broadcasters and agency teams and be responsible for their eventual delivery
- Work closely with our formats team on identification of opportunities for brand clients within The Story Lab slate of formats and shows. Proactively develop and sell commercial packages for brand clients from within the slate and take a senior role in acquisitions and development of client-complimentary shows and formats.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successfully developing and selling original linear TV entertainment properties and IP partnerships to brands active within the content space.
- Previous experience in a commercial role within a network, broadcaster, production company or other IP owner is preferred, but it is important for the candidate to have a proven track record of originating and successfully pitching and delivering brand- funded entertainment projects, preferably on a global or multi-territory basis.
- The candidate will be commercially aware and experienced in forecasting, managing a budget and in achieving and exceeding commercial targets.
- During the interview process we would like to see the candidates presenting to us their ideas and concepts in response to a given brief.
- Building and maintaining close relationships and trust with senior-level clients. Proactively translating client challenges into multi-territory entertainment IP-led solutions that TSL delivers
- Developing and selling award-winning original multi territory brand entertainment concepts to clients, primarily on linear TV but also across all relevant platforms
- Taking responsibility for commercialisation of the TSL slate of properties with global brand clients. Proactively identifying opportunities for sponsorship, co-development and/or investment into the slate and translating those into commercial packages that excite and engage our global clients.
- Taking an active and senior role in the acquisitions and development strategy of TSL global. Advising the format team on commercial potential of shows and formats at early stage of development
- Assist the SVP Brand Entertainment with the further development of TSL entertainment consultancy product
- Effectively deliver on the commercial strategy for TSL. Accurately forecast budgets and set and achieve quarterly and annual commercial targets.
- Manage, influence and lead remote teams and stakeholders in multiple markets and across different business units of a complex matrix organisation in order to create consensus and deliver results.
- Nurture, develop and mentor a small but passionate and enthusiastic team and enable them to deliver against business targets and personal objectives
The VP brand entertainment reports to the SVP brand entertainment and must work closely with the account/activation team to ensure that concepts are deliverable and accurately meet client needs.
The account team are responsible for project management and delivery and day to day relationships with clients, local markets, media owners, producers and talent. The VP brand entertainment holds the senior client relationships and is responsible for proactively developing and convincingly presenting entertainment concepts and ideas that fit the clientâs vision.
- Agile – acting with freedom, deciding with speed, keeping it simple
- Pioneering – being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, passionate about thought leadership
- Ambitious – going the extra mile, eyes on the prize, rapid and ruthless focus
- Responsible – taking ownership, being good citizens, being transparent
- Collaborative – collaborating across the network, sharing success models, attraction, development and mobilisation of the best talent
The Story Lab