Company: Berenberg Bank
Location: Frankfurt am Main
Senior Associate/Vice President – M&A Advisory – (190000D3)
Established in 1590, Berenberg is one of the oldest banks in the world, and with this heritage comes fantastic opportunities for bright and aspiring individuals. With its Head Office in Hamburg and with a strong presence in the financial centres of London, Frankfurt and New York, it is one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks. 1,600 employees carry the Bank’s long tradition of success into the future. Through its business divisions of Investment Bank and Corporate Banking, Wealth and Asset Management, Berenberg is able to offer a broad range of services into corporations, investment institutions and private individuals.
Berenberg has a strong reputation based on first-class performance, and although the company has a long history it remains entrepreneurial in its approach. A combination of the meritocratic culture and flat hierarchy enables talent to flourish and progress at Berenberg.
Senior Associate*/Vice President* M&A Advisory, Investment Banking Division
Be part of Berenberg’s further journey as the team is looking to add 1 – 2 highly dedicated professionals to its M&A Advisory Team in Frankfurt. This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of the expanding M&A Advisory Team which continues to experience great momentum across our mid-market / large-cap footprint with close strategic alignment to other key Investment Banking product areas such as ECM, DCM and the wider global Berenberg platform.
- Involvement in all aspects of the Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) value chain, spanning across deal origination as well as sell-side / buy-side execution and overall transaction execution;
- Significant client interaction at multiple levels / rendering strategic advice on transaction structuring and process;
- Leading/supervising the preparation of pitch presentations for clients;
- Oversight of overall M&A process timeline and key milestones along with preparation of the relevant M&A transaction documents incl. Information Memorandums as well as SPAs;
- Supervision of junior colleagues (interns, analysts and associates), promotion of strong team ethic and company culture and assistance in mentoring and training these colleagues in a cooperative and responsible manner.
- Several years of experience within the Corporate Finance/M&A department of a reputable investment bank, or corporate finance advisory boutique;
- Evidence of working on multiple live transactions and used to a heavy deal pipeline from across Europe, with some experience in the DACH region;
- In-depth understanding of the M&A product as well as the scope of key transaction workflows;
- Ambitious and hard-working individual with an appetite for rapid career progression and early exposure;
- Passion for the industry, meritocratic mind-set with strong degree of business judgment and
- Excellent academic track record;
- Willingness to always put the team first and go the extra mile
- Fluency in English and German is essential
Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply online.
Berenberg · Human Resources · Emily Gill
Bockenheimer Landstrasse 25 · 60325 Frankfurt am Main
Please note: Due to strict data protection laws in order for your application to be considered at all, you must apply through our online system.