GLG is the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, comprised of more than 750,000 thought leaders and practitioners including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders and the foremost subject-matter specialists. GLG serves users at more than 1,400 client companies in 40 countries. These clients include Fortune 500 companies in nearly every sector and the leading professional services firms and financial institutions.
GLG Projects is a newer, fast growing venture at the firm. This product of the “gig economy” offers a disruptive alternative to traditional consulting, leveraging GLG’s global network of consultants and experts. Over the past 4 years, the Projects business, led by former top tier consultants, has grown 60+% a year and gained significant traction in North American and European markets. The Projects’ model offers flexible, tailored, and timely solutions to clients, leveraging the world’s leading platform for expertise. The Projects team is looking for professionals with great consulting experience, an entrepreneurial mindset and distinctive commercial skills to help accelerate the growth of the business.
The AVP, Projects- Strategic Solutions will focus on growing the global Financial Services practice of GLG’s business and will work with clients specifically in Private Equity ensuring top quality level of service.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- P&L ownership and Business Strategy– Manage part of Projects’ P&L, and actively participate in the development of the business’ strategy to help drive top line growth, build the internal platform, and ensure long term scalability and profitability. (~25% of activities)
- Business Development- Develop strategies for new channels of business and pipeline development. Build and maintain strong relationships with senior clients, at Private Equity firms. (~30% of activities)
- Project Management– Work with direct reports on the Projects team to provide oversight on day-to-day project execution, supervising engagement team(s) to ensure high quality delivery and end-products. . . (~25% of activities)
- Team Management- Manage, coach and mentor a team of 3-4 direct reports (at least initially), and continue to build the team as the business grows..(~20% of activities)
The AVP will have regular exposure to the GLG senior management team and broader organization as well as unlimited opportunities to build relationships with clients in Private Equity and asset management.
- Management Consulting Experience: A minimum of 3-4 years of post-MBA level experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm.
- Private Equity investment Experience or Exposure: Experience working at or consulting for Private Equity firms on commercial due diligence and portfolio growth strategy engagements.
- Team Leadership: Highly developed relationship-building skills to foster effective working relationships across functional and divisional leaders as well as the Corporate Executive Committee.
- Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis.
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to
be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
The successful candidate will:
- Be modest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
- Be highly motivated and possess vision and enthusiasm
- Be comfortable acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager (Player/Coach)
- Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines “no matter what”
- Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
Be comfortable on his/her feet making presentations (especially with MS PowerPoint)
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a prestigious international client base and learn from leading subject-matter experts, including C-level executives, on a daily basis
- Full access to GLG Library and opportunity to attend events such as round tables with experts
- Real autonomy in the role and the opportunity to progress quickly
- Mentoring opportunities by becoming an Ambassador for new graduates
- A great team atmosphere with socials, off site activities and sports teams to join
- Competitive salary
Closing date 13th October 2019
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 2000 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit http://www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgement, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, colour, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- post-MBA level: 3 years (Preferred)