Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
EMEA Internal Audit Office (EIAO), as the Bank’s third Line of Defence, and in accordance with the Global Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards (IIA Standards), provides independent assurance to the Board and Executive Management on the quality and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls to monitor manage and mitigate key risks to achieving the Bank’s objectives.
Main purpose of the role:
Audit Managers are responsible for the execution and delivery of audit engagements, working within audit teams on the scoping, planning and delivery of audit engagements, occasionally acting as audit lead. Delivery and execution of all engagements will adhere to audit methodology and include formal sign-offs of key documents and processes within an audit file.
Specifically, key responsibilities of the Audit Manager EMEA Corporate, Investment & Regional Banking will include:
Undertaking effective ongoing monitoring of certain elements of the EMEA Corporate, Investment & Regional Banking portfolio, highlighting key risk issues to business and EIAO management.
- Assist the Head of Audit in aspects of the maintenance of the risk universe, risk assessments and audit plans where required.
- Support Senior Audit Managers (SAM) on strategy and approach papers for entities and risks within their Head of Audit’s portfolio. May be set appropriate continuous monitoring assignments by the Head of Audit/SAMs.
- Understand and develop specialist areas of subject matter expertise in Corporate, Investment & Regional Banking business areas (Corporate, Structured and Trade Finance, Transaction Banking), products and associated risks. These areas (if not already known) will be agreed by the Head of Audit based on the team’s skills assessment matrix.
- Build and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders and auditees within their audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring.
- Execute and deliver aspects of audit engagements to the required methodology and Quality Assurance standards.
- Apply audit methodology to all work performed, seeking guidance as required.
- Assist in agreeing Management Action Plans and Issue follow-up with stakeholders, as directed.
- Develop an appreciation of risk and control more generally in banking.
- Work collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues regionally and globally.
- On occasions, be required to work on team initiatives.
- Travel across EMEA may be required (up to 25% of time).
- Experience of working in an Audit function within the Financial Services sector.
- Good understanding of corporate, structured and transaction banking gained in a major corporate banking firm.
- A basic understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular the FCA and PRA Handbooks.
- Experience in compliance and regulations driven audit work conducted across corporate, structured and transaction banking business areas.
- Experience of working in a similar audit function for a major corporate/investment bank or Big-4 firm.
- Knowledge of how to use data analytics to drive continuous risk monitoring and perform audits.
- Experience in auditing corporate, structured or transaction banking key business areas with a good appreciation of the risks/risk environment associated with such front office business areas.
- Experience of banking environments and applicable regulations across EMEA would be useful.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of auditing methods and industry practices.
- An understanding of banking and financial services is required.
- Understanding of financial products, their risks and how they generate revenues.
- Good knowledge of controls required to mitigate risks.
- Good understanding of risk management and compliance matters.
Education / Qualifications
- Higher education or equivalent industry experience.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CFA etc).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills .
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.