About this role
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s institutional business serves corporate and public sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
Our institutional clients have very specific needs that require genuine partnership. We aim to be that investment partner by listening to our clients, understanding them and by applying our investment expertise across asset classes and markets to solve their needs.
In practice, our commitment to fostering long-term relationships means we can gain a deep understanding of our clients’ long-term objectives. Having a culture where we share knowledge across asset classes and regions allows us to create investment solutions that better meet client specific challenges. The third pillar underpinning our offering is our risk management culture and systems: we seek to ensure that every investment position is deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled.
In your role as a Sales and Relationship Manager you will be a critical member of the wider DC Relationship Team. The Team focuses on providing investment solutions to DC Pension Schemes, DC Master Trusts and other DC clients who invest in BlackRock products, mainly through third party platforms. Our main client contacts are investment consultants, pensions managers, and trustees.
The role will be to lead DC relationships on your allocated accounts and fulfill the role of Alternate RM on some of the larger strategic relationships on the team.
In your role you will have responsibility for driving new business and maintaining existing business through the DC channel. You will work closely with the Unit Linked & Platform team who manage our relationships with third party distributors, Global Consultant Relations (GCR), the Defined Benefit team and various investment teams in our efforts to attract, retain and grow new and existing DC clients.
You will be working within a team environment with multiple sales professionals as well as product strategists, portfolio managers and researchers across multiple offices.
DC is a fast paced, dynamic and growing business with a strong team culture.
For accounts you lead on you will be responsible for delivering organic revenue growth for your book of business, the team and the department by:
- Understanding your clients’ objectives and their investment strategy, governance, ecosystem and end game
- Evaluating how each client’s investment strategy or governance can be improved
- Providing insightful thought leadership based on deep market and client knowledge
- Gaining access to the decision making unit and positioning the right BlackRock team
- Ensuring that client relationships run smoothly day to day and that any operational issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Complete portfolio reviews, due diligence and research meetings with clients where required
- Lead new business proposals under tight deadlines
- Ensure excellent knowledge of BlackRock’s priority DC products and services
- Generate ideas for executing sales messaging
- Work closely with marketing to initiate and successfully execute client events as well as attending industry events.
- Work proactively with GCR to proactively lead sales via leveraging the Investment consultant channel and capitalizing on positive ratings
For the strategic accounts where you will be an Alternate RM, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering high quality, proactive relationship management and service to clients and consultants by understanding their needs, their people and their preferences in the context of sales, relationship management and defence efforts across the book
- Accessing the decision making unit of clients
- Running diligence for individuals in a client’s investment team below the CIO
Experience & Skills:
- Motivated by sales and revenue retention
- Financial services experience; DC or pension scheme experience a plus
- Excellent track record at being able to initiate and deliver on projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a proactive, “can do” attitude
- Quick learner with a good balance of investment and relationship knowledge
- Team player who is willing to be flexible
- Ability to manage to tight deadlines
- IMC required or to be taken within 12 months of joining, CFA a plus
- DC is a fast growing and exciting area of the pensions market and BlackRock is focused on growing its business in this area which provides future opportunities. The role offers a great opportunity to own a book of clients and have an impact on the direction of our DC business.
- Strong client focused leadership skills including responsiveness, issue resolution and idea generation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrable ability to identify and deliver innovative solutions appropriate for the business and clients
- Motivated, diligent and results driven
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Self-starting and able to work autonomously
- A good team player, able to integrate and build rapport quickly
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.