Vice President, technology services emea & oceania
Fundamental changes are taking place in the logistics industry and Wallenius Wilhelmsen is gathering its forces to take full advantage of new opportunities. Recognizing the central role that digital solutions will play across the supply chains for the future, Wallenius Wilhelmsen is building its digital function to deliver on our vision.
We are a values driven company looking for a Vice President Technology Services to build and lead our Technology Services team for EMEA and Oceania based in center of Stockholm. The Digital team will develop and deliver solutions supporting end customer needs and enhancing efficiency and automation in the workplace. We are developing solutions to fundamentally improve sustainability and performance in the outbound supply chain and in our shipping operations.
In this journey you will be part of our full shift to hyper cloud computing and in employing Robotics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence across our operations and across the outbound supply chain of our customers.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world. Listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and located in 29 countries, the group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC.
If you want to be part of shaping our vision for the supply chain of the future and help us on our digital journey, please join us.
Build and lead a new Technology Services Team in Stockholm where Wallenius Wilhelmsen has a major operations center. Including an existing team in Oslo Norway, the team will consist of Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Solution Architects, Data Engineers and Data Architects. As this team is building built, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the recruitment process for your own team, helping to build a diverse, innovative and dynamic team in Stockholm.
The Group Digital function includes Technology Service teams also based in New Jersey, USA and Seoul Korea, Enterprise and Infrastructure services team as well as an Internal Digital Accelerator. The EMEA Technology Services Team will work together with all these teams and the business supporting a range of solutions across Ocean Transportation, Vehicle and Equipment processing, Terminals and Corporate functions. You will therefore be responsible for ensuring productive collaboration with these other teams.
The team is responsible for end to end solution delivery. As such, the role will also have responsibility for End User & Site Services across the region.
You will be responsible for engaging with the business units in understanding and defining underlying challenges and needs, and then for developing and delivering solutions that add business value, and ultimately drive and support the business along its data centric transformation.
Quantifiable business value will represent the key measure of success for the role together with your ability to manage and develop data as an asset. To this end, you will be given a large amount of freedom and trust in how to achieve this and have budget and financial stewardship.
As a member of the Digital leadership team, you will be expected to embrace or leadership values of Anticipating & Driving Change, Collaborating as one and of the growth and development of your team and yourself.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- You will have at least 10 years of experience in an IT or related business role, with least 4 years of proven leadership ability.
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen will be employing agile methods across the digital function and all facets of the Technology Services function – so a strong experience or understanding of Agile methods is a must.
- Proven ability to engage with senior internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Be bold and innovative in employing DEVOPS to deliver low cost, rapidly deployed and effective solutions.
- Experience with hyper-cloud environments with Cloud data architecture
- General knowledge and understanding of application design and development methods
- Strong communication and collaborative skills – the successful candidate must be able to build relationships with and influence senior internal and external stakeholders from different cultures and countries.
- Proven ability to lead and deliver global large projects
- Strong leadership skills – how will you motivate, enable and lift those who report to you? You will need to successfully develop and lead a team.
- Assertive whilst still reflecting our values – you need to be able to listen, balance a lot of different needs and opinions and be decisive in a respectful way such that you get everyone onboard
- Innovative mindset – to understand the end customer/user as well as future business needs to find viable creative solutions that add value.
- Positive mindset – we want someone who inspires others and who thinks of challenges as opportunities
- Proactive and self-driven
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Location: Stockholm, Swedenborgsgatan 19.
Travel: Regular travel is to be expected with this role.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a values driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Our values: Speed, Courage, Trust, Imagination & Candor
The application shall contain CV and personal letter in English. Selection and interviews will be ongoing. For more information or if any questions about the position or the process, please contact Richard Zamani, phone: 073-660 91 67 or by mail: email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications through e-mail, due to GDPR.