Artios Pharma is currently recruiting for the position of VP of Clinical Development. This represents an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinical development and operations leader to join a world class executive and research team in a young company based south of Cambridge, UK. Artios is focused on identifying and developing medicines to treat cancer that target cellular DNA damage response, a scientific area of high expectation following the success of PARP inhibitors in the clinic. The company is actively building a portfolio of novel projects.
Outline of the role
As VP of Clinical Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the project management and clinical operations of development projects for compounds nearing or undergoing clinical evaluation. The successful candidate will also support the CMO developing and implementing the clinical development plans. This involves acting as project lead for the development programs, leading clinical operations, liaising with investigators and managing the budget and timelines.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised and methodical individual with excellent attention to detail and flexible in your approach to change within a small Biotech company. You will also be a good communicator and have experience and confidence when giving presentations. As a Vice President, you will have experience of working as part of an executive team.
- BSc and preferably a PhD or equivalent degrees in life science
- Extensive experience in clinical operations roles
- Experience of clinical study management, preferably oncology studies
- Experience budgeting full programmes
- Experience of QMS, database applications and project management tools
- Comprehensive understanding of drug development (especially of early stage clinical development)
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
In order to comply with UK employment law, all applicants must have the right to work in the UK, if invited to interview, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK.