Thornton Tomasetti provides engineering design, investigation and analysis services to clients worldwide on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are a growing 1500+ person firm with 10 practices: Structural Engineering, Forensics, Applied Science, Renewal, Property Loss Consulting, Construction Engineering, Protective Design and Security, Facade Engineering, Sustainability and Transportation. We work on everything from landmark buildings to small-scale specialty structures, from the historic to the high performing, while balancing multiple objectives, including form, function, schedule, sustainability, constructability and budget. TALENT is at the core of our business.
We have a need for a seasoned engineering leader to join our Applied Science team to accelerate our Life Sciences services. The position will have primary responsibilities for development of new life science business opportunities and for managing and executing challenging projects for our life science clients.
Essential Functions of this Position:
- Enhance our consulting business around computational analysis (modeling and simulation), virtual human modeling, machine learning, and related topics, focused on life science companies and other organizations with interest in human-centric engineering
- Execute, manage, and deliver high quality services to clients, leveraging the wide resources available within Applied Sciences and other disciplines.
- Reinforce our services to offer clients value with regulatory submissions and adoption of best practices (such as ASME V&V 40)
- Keep track of emerging R&D in life science or proximally aligned sectors to enhance our internal and our clientsâ capabilities.
- Identify and bring value to our clients with opportunities for transformational innovation in the Life Science sector.
- Mentor and train engineers throughout the company for life science-related activities.
- M.S. or higher in bio engineering, mechanical engineering, applied mechanics, or related field.
- Significant experience with finite element analysis (ANSYS, Abaqus or other) applications in medical devices, consumer wearables, and/or other products that interact with the human body.
- Additional experience with CFD (Fluent, CFX, CCM+) and Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) is a plus
- Understanding of human anatomy and physiology, and experience with virtual human modeling (cardiology, orthopedics etc.)
- Experience with a variety of materials such as Nitinol, tissues, and bone.
- Familiarity with process automation, design of experiments, and uncertainty quantification.
- Experience with regulatory submissions involving modeling & simulation (FEA, CFD etc.)
- Experience in identifying and converting business/project opportunities in life sciences
- Knowledge of in silico trials and simulation-based clinical decision making services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work in an energetic, success-oriented team environment.
Thornton Tomasetti is proud to be an equal employment workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Thornton Tomasetti are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.