Telenor Group Internal Audit & Investigation (GIAI) is the internal audit and investigation function for the Telenor Group. Our functional reporting is to the Telenor ASA Board of directors through the Board’s Risk and Audit Committee. Our goal is to be a global world class 3rd line of defence function, enabling consistent high quality work to be performed across business areas and geographies. This is achieved through the combination of GIAI resources at Group level and resources located in various geographies, while it’s led and managed as one group-wide function.In total, our diverse team consists of + 40 auditors and investigators, and our team members are of 9 different nationalities.
The Vice President, Governance and Third Parties leads one of GIAI’s teams, staffed with experienced auditors. The VP manages audit activities throughout our business units as well as the group functions with focus on overall governance and risk management, including also compliance with Telenor Governing Documents (Code of Conduct, Group Policies & Group Manuals),. The VPs responsibility also covers audits of third party contracts, especially those for managed services. The VP role is part of GIAI Global Management team, and engages in defining the strategic direction and focus for the overall function, supporting Telenor Top management and Telenor ASA Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Developing risk based audit plan for Governance and 3rd parties
- Making sure audits are delivered timely and with good quality
- Maintaining good relationships with key stakeholders as well as communicating results of audits to them.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a solid and professional global audit team for Governance and 3rd parties
- Engage into defining GIAI overall strategic direction and focus
- Manage processes for closing audit reports with a “critical” rating
- Bachelor or Master in Finance, Accountancy, Administration/Auditng or similar.
- Leadership abilities, including managing diverse, partly virtual teams
- Extensive internal audit experience from companies within telecom, finance, or sourcing
- Expertise in governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) concepts
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English Language. as report writing and reviewing will be a large part of the day to day tasks.
- Basic IT skills to be able to audit IT governance (skillset for technical audits not required).
- Substantial knowledge of sourcing and vendor management
- Professional certifications in internal and/or external financial audit; CIIA, CISA, CPA.