The Vice President, European Pricing and Interchange Strategy will lead pricing strategy and interchange efforts for the European region. This is a critical leadership role that will involve frequent collaboration with the European executive team on high impact initiatives and efforts. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, ideally with a background in consulting/strategy coupled with operational experience. This person will be recognized as a leader by peers and executive management, will think strategically and holistically about the business, be capable of identifying and resolving issues, and excel at quickly grasping and clearly communicating complex topics. The position will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Business Development, Pricing and Interchange and will be based at Visa’s offices in London, United Kingdom.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts in pricing and interchange for the European region, create strategies to deliver positive outcomes for Visa, it’s clients, merchants and consumers.
- Drive new regional pricing and interchange initiatives to achieve strategic business or revenue outcomes. Apply a variety of pricing frameworks and strategies to solve business problems and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate a team dedicated to pricing strategy, commercialization and interchange
- Coordinates with global and regional peers on global interchange and pricing initiatives
- Partner with government relations team to support engagement of various government stakeholders throughout Europe on interchange and pricing
- Creates clear strategic priorities for the business and aligns resources accordingly. Ensures that decisions are made in a timely manner without overanalyzing data, holds others accountable for meeting goals.
- Drive efforts and create deal campaigns involving acquirers and merchants, including acceptance development and routing initiatives
- Develop clear and concise executive level communications. Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way.
- 15+ years experience, with a combination of management consulting/strategy and operating experience preferred
Experience and exposure to pricing management within industry preferred (i.e. software, telecommunications, consumer goods)
- Flexible, intellectually curious, creative thinker with the ability to define business tradeoffs, generate out-of-the-box solutions and manage uncertainty
- Ability to lead and influence decisions of others, including European executive team and other partners
- Strong management skills with experience managing and building a high performing team, including recruiting and retaining talent, and developing team members
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Proven leader, with experience leading and executing complex, cross-functional strategic projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with presence and the ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior and executive management, clients, peers, and team members
- Ability to work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior and executive management, while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.