The Vice President, Business Development for Private Markets Sales will be responsible for driving new business growth in the UK and across Europe by promoting and aggressively selling eVestment’s private markets solutions to Fund Managers (GPs), Investors (LPs), and Consultants, that are active in Private Equity, Private Debt, Venture Capital, Private Real Estate and Private Real Assets funds.
About the Role:
In this role, you will own the efforts associated with growing the business and will work with internal stakeholders to develop effective messaging and marketing campaigns, suggest insightful content relevant for the region and ultimately reach established sales objectives. In this role you will uncover, qualify and close new opportunities with new clients as well as existing eVestment clients, and will work to identify strategic relationships that will help grow the eVestment Private Markets sales opportunities in the region. You are results-driven and love start-up culture. This position will collaborate with a broad group of team members across the organization. The role will report to the local Head of Sales for EMEA, with a dotted line to the Head of Private Markets.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand the private markets industry within EMEA and developing a sales strategy for the region, including sales and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Generate and follow-up on leads, whether sourced from marketing, networking or cold calls.
- Build a sustainable pipeline that delivers consistent and growing new business.
- Work with prospects to understand their business problems and communicate how our solutions add value.
- Create opportunities by uncovering need / consequence / benefit through discussions with prospects.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the value propositions that eVestment offers and a working knowledge of the solutions that deliver them.
- Ruthlessly qualify opportunities.
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of your business through accurate forecasting and the ability to articulate the buying rationale and process for your opportunities.
- Provide transparency into sales pipeline and accounts through detailed and timely use of Salesforce.com.
- Engage additional resources as needed to assist in closing business.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Private Markets Industry, including performance measurement, manager due diligence, fundraising, and investor relations.
- You must be a self-starter and capable multi-tasker – taking the initiative to identify new opportunities while executing a sound sales process for opportunities in progress.
- Outstanding communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate vision and business value to stakeholders including senior management and create compelling need for eVestment solutions.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and also possess keen attention to detail
- Outstanding qualifier capable of demonstrating critical thinking and scepticism to discern why a prospect will be worth pursuing and uncovering the business needs that will lead to revenue.
- Acute sense of diplomacy and judgment.
- A strong collaborator.
- Ability to travel as required by the job.
- Demonstrate experience of working in Sales within the Private Markets Industry.
- Demonstrate experience of influencing outcomes and presenting to all levels of the organization.
- You must be a demonstrated closer with an outstanding work ethic and a track record of overachieving quota.
- Working knowledge of financial and investing concepts along with a willingness to devour information that would help you succeed.
- Experience of working and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
We are eVestment, a Nasdaq company. We are about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust our cloud-based technology platforms. We are a Top Workplace, winning the Investors in People Silver accreditation (less than 3% receive this!) in 2016 and ranking #1 in the 2015 Atlanta Journal & Constitution “Top Atlanta Workplaces” list. Our environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular teambuilding activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 400 amazing team members around the globe.