About this role
Want to use your diverse background to make an impact on the clients we service in a culture that flourishes on quality, innovation, collaboration and accountability? Look no further! At BlackRock, we are seeking a Transfer Agency Services Vice President who is curious, collaborative, analytical, and hardworking to become part of our team! We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will value your rare skills, inquisitiveness, and passion while giving you the chance to grow professionally and as an individual.
Business Unit Overview
Global Transfer Agency Services (TAS) is responsible for the governance and oversight of our third party outsource suppliers and the delivery of Transfer Agency business change solutions. The EMEA TAS group are focused on a number of outsource partnerships that we lead all transfer agency aspects of in relation to our UK, Dublin, Luxembourg and Swiss mutual fund ranges totalling circa $763bn assets under management.
This is an exciting opportunity for a change professional to join EMEA TA Product Solutions as a Vice President reporting to the lead for this group. You will be responsible for delivery of change achieved through handling a diverse group of internal partners from across the various BlackRock functions including but not limited to Legal, Compliance, Retail and Institutional Client Business Teams, Strategic Product Management, Aladdin Portfolio Group and Enterprise Risk. External outsource partners are a key contributor to the end to end transfer agency operating model and therefore the individual will be required to develop, lead and maintain third party relationships.
- Leading change at both workstream and programme levels across a wide range of disciplines including complex fund structures, new operating models, service model improvements and regulatory change
- Handling and monitoring programmes of change with our external transfer agency change partners
- Actively working to devise solutions and options that meet partner business requirements
- Tracking, reviewing and challenging commercials, ensuring they are fair and competitive with the market
- Working closely with internal and external partners to implement consistent, scalable and controllable service model changes
- Demonstrating risk awareness and delivering an appropriate change operational control framework
- Ensuring that the senior leadership team are informed of progress, risks and issues on time
- Executing preferred methodology around change governance, processes and project management principles
- Facilitating the collation and documentation of clear and robust business requirements, drawing on experience as a fund / product TA SME
- Ensuring business benefits delivered through the execution of change projects are understood, supported fully by costs/benefit appraisals and well communicated
- Leading and actively developing external partnerships with the relevant functions at our EMEA TAS outsource partners (JP Morgan, The Bank of New York Mellon, Northern Trust, State Street etc) through actively engaging and participating at partner change and governance forums
- Handling and positively developing internal partner relationships
- Preparing change executive reporting and presenting the updates at Boards, committees and steering groups
- Representing BlackRock and our interests on industry forums, driving and supporting initiatives that will ultimately improve the efficiency of our operating model and/or our client service proposition
- The role will support the TA Product Solutions Lead, this includes the requirement to work flexibly and shall include different or additional hours outside of the Company’s core hours as may be necessary in the performance of your duties and to resolve priority business/change issues as and when they might arise
- Role provides the candidate with the ability to develop their knowledge and understanding of a vast array of BlackRock departments as well as external suppliers, therefore improving the individuals understanding of the full spectrum of the BlackRock funds processes. Through attendance at industry forums there is also the opportunity to contribute to discussions about future industry developments for the funds industry.
- +5 years relevant experience in the Financial Service industry, with experience of leading strategic business change including regulatory and operating model changes preferably within fund administration/transfer agency or fund accounting environment
- Experience of European funds and European Funds industry forums / working on funds technology solutions
- Consistent track record of “making things happen” and being results-oriented
- Demonstrable experience of being able to execute change in a variety of capacities including e.g. business requirements gathering, test coordination, workstream lead, programme level coordination
- Experience of working on deadline, within a fast-paced team environment
- Evidence of strong relationship management skills, e.g. ability to collaborate with a broad network of colleagues to help resolve issues
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; including ability to adapt style, message approach and delivery based on audience preference, demonstrating that you are an effective partner
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration, including minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Travel : Yes
- Direct Reports: No
- License: No
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.