GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a strong emphasis on detailed engineering design for a variety of internationally patented products. Ecellent technology skills ideally in a turbine environment and ecellent English communication skills (other languages are a definite benefit) are required. This job has the very real potential to turn into a CTO role.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer/cum CTO with solid energy/ turbine knowledge
- Leading global renewable energy technology company
- Based at University of Edinburgh Technology Transfer Centre
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a world leader in ocean-based energy technology. Their specialised wave conversion technologies has been developed over the past 20 years first in Australia and then in several other countries around the globe. By now, they have developed proprietary validated technology for etracting energy from ocean waves and converting that energy into electricity.
Due to securing a major partnership with an EPC company and hence moving more of their business operations to one of their core future markets (UK and EU), we are looking for an eperienced electrical engineer to be initially based for the company at the University of Edinburgh Technology Transfer Centre.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Further develop and maintain the relevant standards, design criteria and requirements specifications for the companyâs technologies
- Contribute to planning engineering resource needs to achieve product development and R&D programs
- Further development of Integrated Turbine & Auiliary Systems & control for the Wave Energy Converter (WEC)
- Work closely with the Senior Electrical & Control engineers to maintain a robust engineering and design control system
- Mentor engineering staff in good engineering practice
- Customization of the systems and Design Optimization (R&D)
- Management of the Integrated Turbine/Auiliary Systems for the WEC
- Master or PHD Qualifications in Mechanical
- Through understanding of Systems Engineering principles, Configuration Management, Design Control, Requirements Management and Verification
- Competence in development product design
- Leadership of engineering or design team
- In-depth design competence in one of the companyâs relevant discipline e.g.: electrical power generation and distribution, marine structures or electrical control
- Oversee R&D program
- Eperienced in CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Modelling & Design or in FEA (Finite Element Analysis) Modelling & Design
- Fluent with CAD, solid works or similar software applications.
This is your opportunity to join a future global leader of renewable energy and to have significant input into the team build up.