Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world’s most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG’s global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information – mufgemea.com
Overview of the Department / Section: Product Control plays a key role in both supporting and controlling the revenue generating functions of the business and consists of two very technical teams: Line Product Control and Valuations Control. The department’s key responsibilities include:
- P&L reporting, attribution & commentary
- Independent price verification
- Reserving methodologies, including provisions, valuation adjustments and prudential capital reserves
- Leading/Implementing key firm-wide valuation projects
- Ensuring the correct controls and processes are in place to manage new and existing products
The team covers the full suite of products traded by the organisation including Interest Rates, FX, Credit, Equity and Hybrids, including vanilla and exotic portfolios.
The department is central to the business and other support departments and is significantly involved with major systems implementations programmes. This may involve business process re-engineering and developing new processes entirely as well as enhancing current P&L and valuation methodologies
Main Purpose of the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity within the department for an Assistant Vice President level candidate to join our Line Product Control team to support MUSI’s Front Office business.
In this role, you will be responsible for Product Control activities across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual- hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and analysis of daily P&L by risk attribution
- Preparation and analysis of daily bid/offer provisions
- Pricing and some Risk reports for a specific business group on timely and accurate basis
- Conducting detailed analysis in support of the Product Control function
- Liaison and control of Front Office and all trade support teams
- Ad-hoc projects and systems implementation / enhancements
- Implementing effective process controls and process re-engineering.
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of capital markets and financial market products (essential);
- Competent level of Excel, Visual Basic and Access skills (essential);
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail (essential).
- At least a few years experience working within financial services in a Product Control role (essential)
Education / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2:1 Degree (essential)
- Part or fully qualified CIMA/ACA/CFA (beneficial)
To be successful prospective candidates need to be pro-active, self-motivated and hungry to develop both technically and professionally. Candidates need to be able to manage their own day to day activities as well as being able to use their own initiative.
Given the nature of the role, candidates need possess excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can interact with and influence all levels of management and peers alike.
We are looking for a good team player with a flexible approach who has a calm and methodical demeanour even in a pressurised environment.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.