About this role
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Global Capital Markets (“GCM”) team is focused on creating unique investment opportunities and managing the new issue process for the benefit of BlackRock client investor funds. GCM has teams in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific. Our objective is to enhance investment performance and to maximize the deployment of investment capital against attractive opportunities. BlackRock’s scale with $6.8 trillion in assets under management coupled with its breadth across geographies and asset classes creates a unique platform for GCM to lead industry evolution.
The individual will have responsibility for becoming proficient in core business functions in order to execute client and partner facing activities. This position is to lead the new issue process across Leveraged Finance and broader credit markets, with a primary focus on High Yield and ability to support other asset classes such as Investment Grade and Emerging Market Credit. This will require daily communication with the sell-side (Investment Banks) and regular dialogue with all of BlackRock’s investment teams. As an additional responsibility, the individual will help to manage the GCM internal technology and management infrastructure. Critical to individual success will be a willingness to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for consequent decisions.
- Daily management of new issue processes in Leveraged Finance (HY), including constant communication with the sell-side (Investment Banks) and all of BlackRock’s global and domestic investment teams on new deal launches.
- Aggregate and consolidate feedback from different investment teams and engage Investment Banks to obtain best outcome / allocation.
- Learn and manage a variety of compliance and business reporting systems, processes and procedures.
- Fundamental company analysis to drive investment idea generation.
- Assist the team in evaluating unique investment opportunities.
- Assist the broader Credit team (Investment Grade and Emerging Market) new issue process.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Multi-tasking in a time sensitive, fast paced environment; attention to detail is mandatory.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (including preparation of presentations).
- Self-starter who can work effectively with a team and within a larger organisation.
- Proficient technology orientation (Strong Excel skills required; the following a plus: SQL, Tableau, Python, C#)
- Experience: 6+ years in finance, preferably at an investment bank or buy-side institution
- Ability to read and analyse financial statements through fundamental analysis
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.