About this role
The global Inclusion and Diversity team is a critical team within BlackRock’s Human Resources Organization. Inclusion and Diversity is a business imperative for BlackRock. We know from research that diverse and inclusive teams are likely to make better decisions, reduce error rates, foster innovation and deliver better outcomes for our clients. BlackRock has a responsibility to help people around the world build a better financial future. The investors we serve are diverse, and face increasingly complex challenges. Our workforce must reflect the diversity of our clients, and we have to bring a wealth of perspectives, capabilities and insights to meet their unique needs.
Inclusion and Diversity is also a key theme in Blackrock’s Principle, We are One BlackRock, which states, “We challenge ourselves – and each other – to collectively raise our game. The best solutions result from the ideas and contributions of a diverse team of partners. Diversity strengthens us and delivers better results for our clients. Building a more diverse workforce is a top priority. We insist on respect, integrity and inclusion from every employee.”
This person will be a critical team member of the global Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) team which designs and drives the implementation of our global I&D Strategy. The individual in this role will focus on the implementation and program management of our I&D Strategy and related activities for the EMEA region. Given diversity is defined in locally relevant ways, we have established a team of over 170 I&D Champions, comprised of senior Executives and Business Leaders who support and drive activities into their relevant businesses and geographies. This person will collaborate closely with our EMEA I&D Champions to capture learnings and best practices and make those easily available to others throughout the firm globally.
The individual will also be responsible for all regional data tracking, measurement and reporting of BlackRock’s I&D initiatives to continue to drive accountability and transparency. Given the scope of this role, the individual will need strong communication, presentation and influencing skills. In addition, the role will require strong program and project management capabilities. This person will partner closely with the Diversity team, People & Analytics, Recruiting, Talent and HR colleagues around the globe.
- Strategy Development – In conjunction with the Global Head of Inclusion & Diversity research, benchmark, develop and deliver a regional diversity strategy that is aligned globally and that supports business outcomes
- Maintain a high level of expertise in best practices in diversity and inclusion. Cultivate a network of highly knowledgeable advisors among practitioners and experts in the field. Remain abreast of current research, activities and trends in the field.
- Partner and collaborate with the I&D team, I&D Champions and business leaders, HR Talent Team and HR Business Partner colleagues to align, improve design and deliver I&D best practices throughout the firm
- Capture local innovations and playbooks to be shared with broader I&D stakeholders
- Provide on-going consultancy to our HR Business Partners to design, develop and execute on business and location specific Inclusion and Diversity plans
- Own and drive data tracking, analytics, measurement and I&D scorecard reporting
- Distill insights from data analytics and share findings with core I&D team
- Embed the BlackRock Principles and I&D into development offerings
- Facilitate and/or present at sessions and workshops
Participate in ad hoc research projects
- Undergraduate degree required
- 6+ years of HR, strategy or consulting experience; demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and influence without authority and across a matrixed organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Program Management experience; demonstrated ability to design and deliver programs for a wide audience, ideally demonstrating experience in organizational behavior change
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong data analytics skills
- High level of attention to detail
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.