DBRS European Structured Finance team is looking for an experienced securitisation and covered bond analyst at the VP level to be based in London or Frankfurt. The successful candidate will be responsible for acting as lead analyst in assigning and monitoring ratings for European RMBS transactions. The successful candidate will report to the Head of European RMBS and CB and may occasionally be involved in the rating of other European structured finance asset classes including covered bonds. In addition, he or she will assist in the update and development of the European RMBS rating methodologies, as well as be involved in various on-going projects, including research projects and developing analytical tools for which quantitative skills are required. The successful candidate will mentor more junior analysts, as well as interact with issuers, investors, external counsel on a regular basis. Candidates should be willing to work in an environment with strong focus on team-work, have a strong worth ethic, an analytical mind set and attention to detail. The successful candidate will possess the interpersonal and presentation skills necessary to work with all levels of professional and executive staff as well as external contacts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead analyst in assignment of ratings to European RMBS;
- Lead and supporting analyst in assignment of ratings to covered bonds and transactions in other structure finance asset classes;
- Conduct portfolio credit analysis utilising DBRS rating methodologies and analytical tools;
- Review of legal documents related to European structured finance transactions (legislative documents, transaction prospectus, swap documents, etc.);
- Analysis of asset-liability cash flow structures;
- Conduct on-site reviews of underwriting and servicing of transaction originators with operational risk analyst;
- Work with arrangers and issuers to understand asset characteristics and structural features of European structured finance transactions;
- Draft press releases, rating reports, market research and rating criteria;
- Maintain analytical tools and reports for internal and external use;
- Represent DBRS through interaction with market participants.
- Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related field;
- 5+ years of experience in European structured finance in an advisory, investment or a credit rating agency analysis role, with focus on RMBS or CB;
- Experience in reviewing legal documents and conducting cash-flow analysis for structured finance transactions, preferably RMBS and CB;
- Permission to live and work in the UK and/or Germany. European travel should be expected;
- Excellent written and oral English language skills;
- Knowledge of a second/third European language a plus. French, Spanish, and German language skills preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel;
- Knowledge of analytical programming languages (VBA, Python, etc.) preferred. Prior experience developing analytical tools a plus;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work closely with others as well as independently, and produce detailed work in a dynamic environment.
DBRS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and that a reasonable accommodation is provided. When your interview is being scheduled, please advise us of how we might be able to support your participation.