Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the worldâs fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ÂŽ. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Communications Office of the IMK President
An experienced professional responsible for building and executing communications plans for the Office of the President; designed to educate and inform all internal and external audiences, alongside working across divisions and regions for global consistent messaging
- Have you worked in a global-matrixed role and have the ability to create effective communications (internal and external) across a number of regions?
- Are you comfortable representing Mastercard both internally and externally with key stakeholders?
- Do you have project management, operational, and strong verbal and effective written communication skills?
- Can you demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the have the ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams?
- Are you comfortable with ambiguity and navigating change?
If yes, this role could be for you!
In partnership with the President and Chief of Staff, you will support and enable our business by effectively developing and managing communications for the Office and directly for the President when in market.
- To lead and develop the communications strategy for the Office of the President, International;
- To manage all internal and external communication requirements (across all media) for the Office and proactively seek ways/opportunities for the President that align to the broader IMK strategy;
- To work with all Regional comms leads for all market visits that the President will conduct to maximize the communications potential, including media;
- To ensure consistency in messaging for the President across all markets;
- To develop an IMK internal and external strategy and plan to support the delivery of messaging that is critical for the President, and facilitates best practice comms sharing;
- To manage all President media opportunities, in partnership with the regional comms leads (where relevant);
- To work closely with the CoS to support the strategy requirements and align the relevant communications approach to this;
- To work closely with the Communications teams to understand any new or developing best practices that can be leveraged for the Office;
- Provide guidance, input and support in enhancing and protecting Mastercardâs International reputation, with consistent themes across multiple regions;
- Define, implement, maintain and regularly reassess the communications strategies, platforms and plans to ensure best in class activities for sharing information across International;
- Work together with internal stakeholders to become a trusted counsel for our business;
- Be alert to and identify upstream risks, that may impact the President, or International, to ensure the business is best equipped to engage effectively with challenging situations;
- To manage and develop an International wide communications strategy and approach for sharing common information/ updates.
- Proven experience, including a strong track record and achievements, in developing and delivering creative local, divisional and regional communications programmes;
- Demonstrable experience in development of strategy into action i.e. the ability to be create a strategic plan and execute;
- Proven experience in complex matrix management and engagement;
- Capability proven in working with C-Suite management;
- You exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- You effectively define clear objectives and enforce accountability for deadlines;
- You display a proactive, flexible and collaborative work style;
- You are a creative thinker;
- You are a self-starter who is internally motivated, can act independently, and is extremely organized;
- You are confidential;
- You have the ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
Effective, versatile and action oriented;
- Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviour;
- You have the ability to get things done through other people and have strong influencing skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.