Cities around the globe are complex and face severe challenges of congestion, emission and safety of mobility. Despite those challenges, new technologies allow to overcome traditional limitations of public transport and to provide convenient and sustainable transportation.
We envision a world beyond cars. We believe that when public transport and other mobility alternatives efficiently meet citizens’ demands, private cars will no longer be a desirable alternative.
How? We are building the most powerful *integrated mobility platform*. We’re reinventing public transport with the best On-Demand Ridepool solution. We enable cities to introduce new mobility solutions in order to replace private cars.
We’re an impact-driven team, based in Berlin, with backgrounds in transport, startups, apps, design, investing and academia. We’re motivated by solving hard fundamental everyday problems that improve the quality of people’s lives. We like simplifying complexity, reinventing user experience, working with data, and making cities a place we love to live in. We’re backed by top investors, won many awards, are a member of World Economic Forum and have been ranked as #8 Top Startup-Employer by LinkedIn.
We are looking for a VP Engineering to join our team:
We ́ll want you to
- Ensure the tech strategy and architecture are well-aligned with the business strategy and pay into the vision of the company
- Contribute to the business strategy
- Ensure that the engineering organization understands and is aligned with the vision of the company, the business/productstrategy and the related tech vision and strategy
- Ensure the tech strategy is executed with great excellence and reliability
- Ensure the product roadmap is delivered with great excellence and reliability
- Measure the success of your teams through relevant KPIs
- Relentlessly improve the constraints for the team to work even more effective and efficient, including but not limited to the right structure, top-quality processes, communication etc.
- Effectively communicate decisions and direction at all levels of the company, including investors
- Evaluate potential and practical technologies for viability, cost, and practical implementation
- Represent Engineering within the company and to the outside world
- Hire and retain the best talent
You’ll need to have
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- An interest in data-driven mobility, data visualisation and analytics is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated accomplishments as a tech leader with a track record of successful large-scale product deliveries and development of engineering cultures capable of speed, agility, and rich technology development
- Deep and broad experience in leading multi-team organisations with accountability for core products and services
- Exceptional knowledge of the development of mobile apps
- Exceptional knowledge of back-end and front-end languages/frameworks
- Ability to hire, train, motivate, manage and retain a high performing team
- A collaborative approach and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment that embraces agile, test-driven development
- Proven ability to develop/contribute to product strategies
- Experience working with agile development methodologies and human-centered design methodologies.
- Prior experience working in a start-up environment highly preferred
- Strong conceptual thinking, and the ability to understand complex systems.
- Fluency in English a must, in German very desirable
Join a supportive team that pushes you to be your best, making a real difference in the world of Urban Mobility. Driven by our values of Vision, Impact and Collaboration, our unique culture is something you cannot copy/paste!
Become part of our multinational team, join the ride and you will gain:
- Learning: Your growth matters! We support your development through our varied learning program offerings
- Flexibility & Support: We care about work-life balance with flexible hours, home office, parental support as well as support during life’s ups and downs
- Work Environment: Multinational, open minded and welcoming atmosphere, plenty of healthy snacks, drinks and coffee to keep you fuelled throughout the day
- Location: Warm and unspoiled areas in an old factory building in the heart of Berlin. Our HQ’s roof terrace is the perfect place to end the week with a drink with Anastasia & Yone
- Health and Wellness: Stay fit with our Urban Sports Club Membership
- Challenge: Become part of something amazing. With real impact. Now!