About Net Purpose
Net Purpose is an exciting financial technology company designed to change the way the world invests. We are a data and analytics start-up, backed by clients with $1TN in assets under management, building tools to measure and optimise the social and environmental impact of investment portfolios (“Net Purpose”).
We are building Net Purpose for a booming industry: one third of all the world’s capital ($90 trillion) is now committed to investing sustainably or for impact, and this next generation of investors need data on the impact performance of portfolios. Financial data provision is a $30BN industry; we are building this infrastructure for impact.
We are on the lookout for senior individuals to join our expert team from its very first steps. If you are passionate about this next evolution of capitalism and want to use the latest in artificial intelligence and technology for the investment industry to solve the world’s largest problems, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Lead / CTO who as a leader in NLP and ML can join our team and oversee everything technology: including defining and delivering our tech strategy, writing code from Day 1, building our tech capabilities and growing our R&D organization. You will be a core member of our founding team, build from the ground up, and work with some of the world’s leading investors as clients from Day 1. We see unlimited opportunity for you to develop within our firm, or as a future leader of this booming industry.
What you will help us achieve:
- Build a core data platform to seamlessly aggregate social and environmental performance information on globally listed and unlisted securities;
- Build this data infrastructure to fit an asset management industry of passive and active strategies;
- Develop a suite of investor tools, for example, enabling impact reporting, ideation, investment selection, due diligence, and portfolio monitoring in listed and unlisted investment portfolios;
- Define, deliver and drive our technology strategy: technology systems, systems architecture, development processes, software design and third-party software integrations;
- Recruit, manage and inspire a team of talented developers and engineers;
- Evaluate and identify new and ongoing technological developments and opportunities;
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure the delivery of managed services to our growing client base.
The role is ready to start but will wait for the right person. There is a strong scope for growth and the role includes meaningful equity incentives.
- You’re a zero-to-one person: you like to build from scratch and bring new products into being;
- You’re a technical leader: excited by technology and its ability to transform industries, and have demonstrated expertise in relevant domains: Natural Language Processing, Data Science, Machine Learning;
- You’re a strategic thinker with an ability to gets things done: able to think about future possibilities and navigate a clear path to goals as well as being action-oriented with an instinct for creating value
- You can engage with clients and multiple stakeholders, and have a clear customer focus with a track record of an MVP-oriented and results-based approach
- You are a strong communicator, negotiator and influencer, able to clearly articulate a vision and build relationships to make things happen
- You are an exceptional project manager that leads by example and is willing to be hands on as appropriate
- You have an interest in finance and the next generation of investors who care about profit and purpose.
- You are enthusiastic, high-energy, proactive, decisive, solutions-driven, results-oriented
- CTO / Tech Lead experience
- Domain expertise in NLP, ML as well as Financial or Impact Data
- Preference for candidates with financial markets experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Python / Java / SQL, developing production-grade server-side development
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP / AWS), relational database systems, data warehousing methodologies, ETL processes and tools
- Technical experience as a system architect
- A bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
We are a start-up with a bold ambition! We care deeply about improving the code of our capitalist system, and we commit to giving all the energy we have to our mission and to you as a core member of our team.
Reference ID: NP0001_CTO
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent