Setzen Sie Zeichen:
als CTO – Chief Technology Officer (m/f/d)
Liefery ist eine Technologie- und Serviceplattform für Same Day und Express Delivery und revolutioniert mit innovativen Servicekonzepten und intelligenten Algorithmen den Online-Handel. Das Credo des 2014 gegründeten Start-up-Unternehmens: Die Lieferung muss sich dem Kunden anpassen, nicht andersherum. Liefery ist in über 25 Städten aktiv, darunter Berlin, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Köln und München, und stellt jeden Monat über 800.000 Pakete pünktlich im Wunschzeitfenster zu. Zu Lieferys Kunden zählen führende deutsche (Multi-Channel-)Händler wie Amazon, Zalando, Nike, ASOS, H&M, REWE Online und HelloFresh. (Die Mehrheit an Liefery hält seit März 2017 die Hermes Logistik Gruppe)
Liefery is part logistics and part tech/SaaS startup on the way to a grown-up. With our integrated in-house IT platform and our own logistics operation we are enabling a modern approach to last-mile delivery services.
Was Sie erwartet:
You are taking over an established engineering team of about 20 people. As CTO you are responsible for both the technological vision as well as the product vision of our in-house software and our SaaS product offering. You report directly our 2 founders and are part of the executive team of the company where you support decision making and help shape and build our service offering together with the other departments through your expertise.
You continue to improve our engineering process which has iteratively evolved over the last years together with the team by frequently gathering feedback and experimenting with new ideas (see https://engineering.liefery.com/2019/05/08/the-only-constant-is-change-scaling-our-processes-with-weekly-retrospectives.html).
You are a mentor for developers, product people and team leads and help with decision making through mediation and coaching. You encourage a collaborative environment and a generative culture (according to the Westrum model).
You continue to grow the engineering team to build new products and services as well as to extend and maintain existing ones. To support this you actively promote Liefery as an attractive and diverse employer for engineers in the development community.
Was Sie mitbringen sollten:
- You have prior experience as CTO, technical co-founder, head of engineering or engineering manager
- You have several years of experience in designing and building software products, managing and prioritizing product backlogs.
- You have several years of experience as a hands-on software developer and can recognize good from bad solutions even in a technology that’s not your main focus
- You are an empathic and positive communicator who can translate well between both technical and non-technical colleagues and business partners
- You can keep up a calm and productive work environment for engineers within a dynamic startup environment
- You have worked in environments with a focus on feedback culture and frequent one-on-ones before or have created such environments
- You are fluent in English
Nice to haves
- Experience building or selling SaaS products
- Experience with DevOps / IT-infrastructure
- Experience with logistics, route planning, tour optimization or combinatorial optimization
- Experience with Business Intelligence / reporting systems
- A good personal network in the tech community
- Prior experience with GDPR and other compliance topics
- German language fluency helps but is not required
Was wir bieten:
- The chance to design and build an exciting product in a growing business
- A fantastic grooved-in engineering team to rely on
- Flexible work times and a high degree of independence
- Competitive compensation
Bitte bewerben Sie sich schriftlich bzw. per E-Mail auf diese Ausschreibung.
Ihre aussagekräftige Bewerbung mit Bezug auf die Nummer 03015314 richten Sie bitte an:
We care about diversity and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other underrepresented group to apply for this position. We’d like to hear from you!
Read more from our engineering team at engineering.liefery.com