Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the worldâs leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
Overview of the department:
Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for supporting the Chief Risk Officer to implement an effective risk governance framework, and providing a holistic view of the risks facing MUFG in EMEA, including through integrated stress testing and capital adequacy assessments for senior management. The department additionally develops MUFGâs recovery planning and crisis response framework and supports the resolvability of legal entities within MUFG in EMEA; Model risk management; and new business and product risk governance.
We have an exciting opportunity within Enterprise Risk Management within the Resilience team covering Risk Appetite, the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process and Stress Testing for MUFG across EMEA. This role requires an individual with a good knowledge of financial markets, the ability to work with teams across the bank both locally and across EMEA and proactively drive best practice.
Main purpose of the role:
The Resilience team within Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for the EMEA wide Risk Appetite Framework including ongoing monitoring of key metrics, escalation to the Chief Risk Officer and liaison with other support functions to identify and calibrate metrics. The team also covers scenario stress testing across EMEA which encompasses multi-risk factor stress tests, from short term forward looking, historical, capital planning, regulatory equivalents (Bank of England and EBA), IFRS 9 and reverse across MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities in EMEA from scenario development to reporting results to senior management. For MUFG Securities, the Resilience team is responsible for the preparation of the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment (ICAAP) including quarterly review of the risk profile, preparation of the risk register and the update of the annual ICAAP document.
Enterprise Risk are also developing the network across EMEA to ensure alignment of frameworks, drive best practice and ensure the EMEA CRO is aware of the risk profile across EMEA.
The role provides the opportunity to:
- Develop an effective Risk Appetite Framework and learn
- Support the development and delivery of the scenario stress tests working with colleagues across the firm
- Support the development of the MUS(EMEA) and MUS(EU) ICAAP including end to end framework for internal capital assessments
- Develop the EMEA liaison role to support the roll-out of the EMEA framework working with the various risk stripes in London and across the EMEA offices
- Support and maintain the framework and methodology for the full suite of scenario stress tests in EMEA including implementing improvements to stress testing approaches, working with teams across Risk, Finance and Technology
- Maintain a comprehensive risk appetite statement and framework for the MUFG Risk Appetite Framework covering each primary risk is maintained and functional ensuring:
- Risk Appetite Dashboard has metrics and thresholds that are appropriate
- Responsibility for supporting assessing the risks, including documentation of decisions and reasons within this section of the risk register.
- Ensuring that the risk policies and procedures are maintained in line with the risk appetite
- Maintain comprehensive international and regionally consistent risk register for MUS(EMEA) and develop a risk register for MUFG Bank EMEA
- Support the ICAAP Quarterly Pillar 2A and 2B Risk Assessment for MUS(EMEA) and MUS(EU)
- Support the update of ICAAP Document annually for Board approval
Skills and experience:
- Experience of wider ERM responsibilities such as Policy, Governance, Risk Appetite
- Experience of ICAAP development and approach
- Experience of scenario stress testing framework
Experience of working across borders as part of a headquarter role
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.