About this role
Aladdin Business – Business Development
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world.
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock’s asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges.
BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Aladdin Sales Engineering team is seeking to hire an experienced front office, risk and analytics specialist to accelerate the pace of their already fast-growing business. This person will be a member of the Business Development team working closely with their colleagues and owning the technical components of the sales process. This includes utilizing technical expertise in product demonstrations to showcase Aladdin functionality in solving real investment challenges, across a variety of industry verticals including insurance, pension funds and asset managers. Presentation skills and the ability to explain portfolio analysis a must (such as analytics, risk, stress testing, and/or return attribution).
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Be a client-facing risk and analytics specialist with superior presentation skills. Have knowledge of a wide variety of analytical models used in the buy-side portfolio management process. Can communicate clearly and tie market themes with functional solutions. Be able to work in a demanding team setting.
- Partner with Business Development on prospective clients, being jointly responsible for executing a sales strategy. Own the product engagement and demonstrations with the client, building a relationship and rapport with the business users. Collaborating internally on prospect requirements and product solutions.
- Being knowledgeable on technology solutions, financial markets and client requirements to best present Aladdin to prospective clients. Liaise internally on requirements for proof of concepts.
- Partner with Aladdin product development to contribute ideas, understand Aladdin’s roadmap and latest functionality.
- Partner with colleagues throughout the BlackRock organization, educating the wider business on Aladdin and learning local market/industry requirements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3 years risk and analytics or front office order management experience
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment and works well as part of a multi-disciplinary global team
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong enthusiasm for the financial markets and technology (FinTech)
- French language skills preferred
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit http://www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: http://www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.