The successful applicant will be responsible for taking ownership and creating a proactive and positive Health & Safety culture, ensuring that the company is aware of and works in accordance with all relevant regulations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop & execute health & safety plans for the site according to requirements, legislation and best practice
• Update, review and maintain the risk register for the site.
• Develop and lead the risk assessment program for the site
• Ensure plans are appropriate and relevant for the different working environments across the site.
• Lead the site Health & Safety committee – in partnership with senior management
• Work with the line managers to coach, encourage and support a positive and proactive culture of Health & Safety – including developing and enforcing appropriate policies
• Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to requirements and applicable legislation
• Conduct training and presentations for health & safety matters and accident prevention
• Monitor compliance to policies and legislation through personal inspection of operations and working practices
• Inspect equipment and machinery to highlight possible unsafe conditions
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and manage the follow up activities as required
• Establish and report on KPIs to track performance in safety awareness & issues
Key Requirements & Attributes:
• A science or engineering primary degree together with a diploma or equivalent in EHS&S qualification.
• Chartered membership of IOSH is desirable.
• Min. 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety
• Proven experience in leading the Health & Safety agenda in manufacturing and/or FMG environment
• Deep understanding of H&S legislation
• Excellent organization and motivational skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• A background in a technical discipline (for example chemistry, physics, engineering) would be an advantage
• A clearly defined strategic thought process and a continuous improvement mind-set
• Manufacturing industry experience
• Excellent project management skills
Interested candidates who fulfil the requirements outlined above should forward a copy of their current CV to Andrew Rowley at Brightwater Specialist Recruitment by the link below or call Andrew on +353 21 422 1000 to discuss this or other related opportunities.