Role Specification : Translation Program Manager – International Product Solutions (IPS)
This person will be responsible for the delivery of internationalised versions of a portfolio of Oracle products into approved set of languages. Extensive contact with the product development groups and external translation vendors will form a large part of the role. You will be expected to have an understanding of all tasks and activities involved across the internationalization and translation processes/tools used for the product(s) you are managing. Be able to converse with the product development team on their technical requirements and the range of solutions provided by IPS while leveraging internal team expertise. Translated products will be expected to ship on time and within budget with the quality levels required to meet market expectations. Strong multitasking abilities will be needed to deal with the large number of concurrent activities that are standard for this position.
- Prepare annual translation budget in collaboration with product development.
- Publish the Globalisation plan to wider IPS organisation.
- Establish and lead cross-functional virtual team for your product portfolio with representatives from IPS â Globalisation Engineering, Translatability Specialists, Language Specialists, Release Engineering and Quality Engineering
- Manage product line translation budget and ensure all financial processes adhere to Oracle standards & guidelines
- IPS central point of contact for your product/development customer
- Maintain overview of end-to-end product lifecycle from initial Globalisation, Translatability and Integration through to the Translation and Linguistic testing phases.
- Plan and manage the translation and linguistic testing schedule, communicated internally and with the external translation vendor teams.
- Define requirements and expectations with external translation vendors.
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools and actively provide recommendations for scalable solutions
- Identify areas of potential risk to project success and puts plans in place to address & resolve.
- Host regular operational and business quarterly checkpoint meetings with Development customer.
3. Required skills
- Excellent project management and cross functional team leading skills
- BA/BS or equivalent university degree
- 5+ years of translation project/program management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working across time zones and cultures
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiarity with Oracle product line & tech stack
- Strong results orientation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organised manner
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with analyzing data to make business decisions
- Knowledge of Neural Machine Translation and post editing is desirable.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Works with localization teams to adapt material to meet high linguistic quality and cultural standards. Creates and maintains product specific terminology glossaries and language style guides to ensure consistency and cultural conformity. Some experience using translation, localization, or publication tools such as Trados, RoboHelp, or FrameMaker may be needed.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically five years of translation or related experience recommended.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).