Regeneron offers a unique, world-class opportunity for interested candidates. Regeneron has been consistently ranked a “Top Employer” in Science Magazine’s rankings for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Regeneron is fully committed to bringing its award-winning approach to Regeneron Ireland, its subsidiary in Ireland, and is looking for outstanding people who are excited by a start-up environment, recognize the opportunities that this offers and wants to be challenged.
SUMMARY: The Sourcing manager will be responsible to support and assist in the development of the Category Management strategy by gathering and business unit supply needs and specifications for the Raw Materials category globally. She/he works collaboratively with the Category Lead and business unit stakeholders to commercially & competitively assess the global supply base’s capabilities and qualifications for Regeneron’s interests. The Sourcing Manager owns the global supplier relationship and manages on-going performance and service delivery. She/he must have demonstrated capability to manage a supply base and maximize value, minimize risk, and ensure quality & cost effectiveness.
SCOPE: Global supply markets
- Leads and/or works with others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgement and identify innovative solutions
- Requires broad understanding of the processes, procedures and systems and is able to use that knowledge to improve efficiency and produce high quality work on problems with cross functional impact
- Responsible for specific global contractual agreements, works with internal legal department, and drives any changes that are critical to Regeneron’s interest
- Develops and executes global sourcing strategies for respective area of spend responsibility to optimize value
- Solicits and analyzes requests for proposals, negotiates contracts, and ensure contract objectives are delivered (savings, SLAs, etc.); ensures compliance with global pricing agreements and internal policies/procedures
- Manages global vendor/supplier relationships and ensures performance and accountability are tracked/improved
- Develops and manages program policies and procedures ensuring compliance with Company guidelines, related laws and governmental guidelines
- Develops and executes global market procurement related programs to optimize value
- Informs and influences decision making at the management level
- Manages global supplier integration plans with internal clients for all goods and services for consumption by internal stakeholders, business unit or function
- Identifies global supply market projects to apply sourcing and procurement methodologies.
- Conducts global supplier relationship management activities as guided by the Supplier Management Program to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Coaches proficiency on procurement technical skills among peers & junior team members
- Bachelor’s plus 7+ years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferrably include 5 years directly in sourcing Pharma/Biotech.
- Master’s plus 5+ years of relevant, progressive experience, to preferrably include 3 years directly in sourcing within Pharma/Biotech.
- CPSM/CPM preferred
- Working knowledge with Sourcing Contracting, ERP, eRFX systems preferred. (Oracle, Zycus, GEP, Ariba, Other)
- Ability to leverage standard business applications for communicating, presenting and analyzing (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Working level proficiency using negotiations skills
- Cost modeling knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to formulate presentations and business cases
- Ability to build consensus, teamwork, and creativity within a collaborative team with limited supervision
- Program management experience and project management experience required
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron Ireland is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, family status, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.