Reporting to the Director, International Security, the Global Security & Emergency Command Centre (GSECC) Manager is a senior, strategic position within the company’s Security Operations function, providing day to day leadership for the GSECC Galway operations team, dealing with real-time situation awareness security risk response and remediation activities, including monitoring and alerting any anomaly and alarms related to physical security systems (access control, CCTV, intrusion detection) at the company’s facilities; emergency and critical incident management; and risk and threat analysis and impact assessment on the company’s employees, operations and reputation.
You are a seasoned professional, who has experience in managing people and complex processes and technology, working in a demanding environment, often under pressure, preferably in a control room or command centre environment. The role will include shift-based team management, project management, effective communications to stakeholders (writing, speaking and presenting) and policy and procedure development. Specific functional areas of responsibility and adeptness include: delivery & review, allocation & coordination of resources, comprehensive stakeholder (customers and operational partners) engagement, data-driven (metrics) reporting, team and task-specific performance assessment. The GSECC Manager is responsible for driving process implementation and delivering on-going improvement, short and long-term project management, cross-team (control room and field-services) collaboration.
- Provide overall crisis, incident and alarm monitoring and response leadership and support while demonstrating effectiveness in managing people, processes and technical projects, able to assess all situations and keen skills resolving challenges, identify root causes and address opportunities.
- Provide excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to recommend process improvement.
- Effectively manage conflict. Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating responses to a myriad crisis situations.
- Provides necessary training regarding the proper operations of all working components of the GSECC.
- Motivates & equips the security operators and schedules training sessions to ensure all specialists are cross-trained on all aspects of GSECC Galway operations.
- Ensures alarm monitoring database and associated documents are efficiently maintained.
- Helps to develop and implement enterprise standards and procedures guiding GSECC.
- Perform other functions as required such as listed in skills and abilities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Be a dependable team leader with strong business insight, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Be an excellent communicator, whether writing, speaking or presenting.
- Possess an impeccable work ethic and a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to make decisions, while under stress, that provide for the safety and security of Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees, visitors, assets & reputation.
- Ability to develop a good working relationship with all levels of management.
- Preferably, have experience and knowledge of various access control platforms, video management systems, crisis and geopolitical analysis, open source intelligence and incident management applications/software.
Mandatory Experience and Qualification:
- At Least 5 years’ experience in managing people.
- BA degree
- Bring calm from chaos, cool under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward team members
- Knowledge of and ability to utilise computer office products, word processing, spread sheets, electronic mail, internet and databases
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Additional language skills (fluent reading, writing, speaking) is a significant advantage, with preference for French, German, Italian, Spanish, Arabic or Mandarin.
- Knowledge of state of the art security technology including access control & CCTV systems (Experience with the LENEL Access Control & Alarm Monitoring System is a plus)
- CPP/PSP Certification
- Previous experience leading and managing all aspects of a corporate security control centre
- Knowledge of or experience with emergency communication operations.