What’s the role?
HERE data marketplace is the transaction hub of the hyper growth data ecosystem – and economy – fueled by the rapid adoption and pervasive deployment of sensors and connected devices across automobile, IoT, and other industries. Real time data coming from these sensors is used to power HERE applications and services (Core Map, Traffic, HAD, Safety Services, etc.) as well 3rdparty applications & services through HERE data marketplace.
As part of the Data Monetization & Marketplace team, you will be working on creating & managing real time data requirements and use-cases across HERE product portfolio and HERE OLP (Open Location Platform) marketplace, enabling the identification of supply/demand matches and the growth of transactions between marketplace data providers and data consumers
This is a new role in a newly built team within Here. This role can be based in Germany (Berlin, Munich or Frankfurt) / Chicago.
You will focus on various areas such as;
- Build-out a holistic cross-industry view of real time sensor datasets, applications, priorities and gaps
- Systematically collect and manage requirements & use-cases for real time sensor data, including dataset definitions, data density needs, geo-coverage, etc.
- Develop mechanisms to enable data supply & demand match-making, connecting data provider datasets with data consumer applications
- Project the market size and the business value behind specific data products and use cases by understanding and mapping them to key company profiles, industry segments, total addressable markets, etc.
- Become a subject-matter expert participating and supporting customer-facing conversations about industry sensor data sources and applications
You will report to the “Sr. Manager, Data Marketplace Portfolio” and work very closely with various HERE product teams and with the Data Monetization & Marketplace team.
Who are you?
Most likely you will recognize yourself in the following profile;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant area, eg. Engineering, Business, marketing.
- A minimum of 5 years of proven professional experience working on software, location or sensor data related solutions
- A minimum of 3 years of recent working experience as a business analyst, product owner, product manager, product marketing manager or similar role, with proven examples of activities translating technical requirements into high level business requirements and concepts
- Excellent data analysis skills, ideally with hands-on experience using advanced data manipulation & analysis tools such as Excel, Plateau, Python Pandas or similar frameworks
- Experience in creating or supporting product and solution business cases, estimating total addressable markets, product take-rates, mid to long-term market projections, etc. a big plus
- Proven experience on solutions or products using sensor data (Automotive or IOT) a big plus
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluency in German is a plus
- Good customer facing skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with demonstrated success in an ever-changing environment
- Some domestic and international travel will be required
What’s in it for you?