Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in Dublin is now recruiting a Cloud Customer Wellness Manager (Cloud Customer Success Manager/Technical Account Manager) to work with a dedicated group of European customers.
About the role:
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class, foundational cloud networking services.
Oracle’s cloud business is expanding worldwide at a rapid pace and we want to ensure our customers are successful in their cloud journey. We are looking for a Cloud Technical Program Manager to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and the next generation of Oracle Cloud services.
This role will join a growing team whose mission is to improve the way our customers work and grow on our second-generation cloud platform.
As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to deliver effectively against customer commitments. Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in program management and act as the voice of the customer to help secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities.
Who you are:
Customer Wellness Managers should possess fantastic interpersonal skills and be strong leaders. A suitable background would be someone who has worked as a Customer Success Manager, Service Delivery Manager or Technical Account Manager and has experience dealing with customer cloud environments. They need to be highly organized and have experience directing others.
You will be working and collaborating cross functionally with Support, Development, Customer Success, Sales and other service delivery partners. You’ll be the “voice of the customer/trusted partner for the customer” and will work closely with teams across the organization helping advocate on behalf of our customers.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable in a customer facing environment with the ability to have difficult conversations with a broad variety of customer contacts up to and including the C-level
The opportunity is based from our office in East Point Business Park in Dublin and working hours will be regular office hours. There may be a need to support customers for a go-live or an escalation out of hours or on weekends. This role is part of a Global team and you will be reporting remotely to a manager in the US.
- Work alongside other customer facing stakeholders to build and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts.
- Actively contributes and encourage customers to leverage standards and best practices, staying current on OCI technology and product fronts
- Serve as an escalation point for service issues and own communication in critical situations and act as the liaison to support organization to ensure client escalations are resolved in due time
- Manage several customers at once with varying complexity
- Conduct customer facing OCI product and “101” trainings as needed
- Promotes a proactive approach to exceeding customer expectations
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand customer use cases, document requirements, and perform business analysis.
- Develop and manage short and long-term customer program roadmaps, prioritizing based on business need and IT capability.
- Maintain awareness of multiple customer project deliverables, communicating project and program vision to customers, and ensuring IT resources are aligned properly on the needs of the customer.
- Maintain a high level of organization and planning while communicating with stakeholders to reach timelines and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations, directing changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
- Look for process definition and improvement opportunities and lead others in adhering to existing processes and contributing to their improvement.
- This is not a sales or quota driven role.
- Up to 20% travel may be required for both customer and OCI HQ visits.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 10+ years of related experience including 4 years with IT / security projects and 2 years with agile.
- Knowledge and application of business process analysis methodologies.
- Understanding of IT and IT life-cycle development principles.
- Understanding of applications development, database and data management, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints is preferred
- Previous Network Operations, Business Analysis, Systems Administration and/or Software Development experience a plus
- PMI or SCRUM Master Certification preferred.
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both team and executive level management.
- Must be capable of dealing confidently and professionally at the executive level with Customers.
- Must be a team player and build good working relationships across all functions.
- Wears the ‘Customer Advocate’ hat at all times.
- Proactively identify opportunities to help customers and then drive towards execution.
- Passionate about problem solving, relationship building and creating customer loyalty.
- Outstanding proactive communication skills written, verbal, presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally, negotiating risk against other business factors.
- Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
- Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
- Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture to both customers and internal teams alike.
- Prior service delivery and customer success experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects under tight deadlines with a can-do attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office / Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence) preferred
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).