Assistant Store Manager (Deputy Manager) BLUA87872
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious Yorkshire brand with 180 years of tradition and expertise. They are looking for an Assistant Store Manager to assist the Store Manager in running their flagship clothing and home furnishings store in York city centre. The ideal candidate should have management/supervisory experience in a busy retail environment.
- Trains store staff by reviewing and revising orientation to products and sales training materials; delivering training sessions; reviewing staff job results and learning needs with retail store manager; developing and implementing new product training.
- Evaluates competition by visiting competing stores; gathering information such as style, quality, and prices of competitive merchandise.
- Purchases inventory by researching emerging products; anticipating buyer interest; negotiating volume price breaks; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Attracts customers by originating display ideas; following display suggestions or schedules; constructing or assembling prefabricated display properties; producing merchandise displays in windows and showcases, and on sales floor.
- Promotes sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers and marketing the store and the brand.
- Helps customers by providing information; answering questions; obtaining merchandise requested; completing payment transactions; preparing merchandise for delivery.
- Prepares sales and customer relations reports by analysing and categorising sales information; identifying and investigating customer complaints and service suggestions.
- Maintains a safe and clean store environment by developing and publishing evacuation routes; determining and documenting locations of potentially dangerous materials and chemicals.
- Maintains inventory by checking merchandise to determine inventory levels; anticipating customer demand.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Competitive Analysis, Management Proficiency, Creative Services, Supply Management, Customer Service, Presentation Skills, Analysing Information, Basic Safety, Promotions, Understanding the Customer, Verbal Communication
40 hours per week â over 5 days (including weekends)
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.