Do you want to work one of the leading providers in the Housing and support market? Are you somebody who is open to new opportunities, has an eye for detail, can solve problems and is happy to help others? Then look no further, as a fantastic opportunity has arisen to lead one of our teams in our Housing Division.
In housing, we repair and maintain around 15% of the social homes in the UK and we are increasingly focused on providing broader, affordable housing solutions.
The purpose of this position is the day to day management of operatives productivity and utilization. Administration of Variation Orders and job specifications and pricing.
Excellent communication with Operatives, Supervisors/Post Inspector, Schedulers/Administrator to ensure that operatives’ utilization is optimized and that recalls and quality related issues are identified, quantified and analysed and any remedial works and disciplinary matters are actioned immediately.
So what would your day as a Voids Manager look like?
- Receive, check and process job returns – Keeping the Management System up to date
- Analyse and manage operative utilization in conjunction with schedulers and surveyors
- Ensure fleet is regularly checked and maintained in good and clean condition
- Ensure Van Stock levels are being maintained and managed efficiently
- Processing and Managing Variation Orders
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Company from time to time. If these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill than those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided.
This role will require you to have a very close working relationship with the Operations Manager, to share areas of responsibility, provide support and share best practice.
You’ll probably already be an accomplished Manager with experience in the Housing sector.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that’s why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job is of interest to you, then we would love to hear from you! Follow the application process to begin your opportunity working for a company that puts their community at heart.