Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) – focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Workplace Technology (EWT) – EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) – Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
Function: Client Technology – Technology Delivery
Rank Code: Associate Director – CBS; Senior Manager – Client Serving
Reports to: Director Product Portfolio Manager
Senior Product Manager is responsible for identifying, managing and executing product strategies for their function. The Senior PM will interact with individuals up to the Partner rank socializing, identifying and recommending products. This role is a primary contact and lead for all product aspects including strategy, user experience design, development, and deployment. The role will continuously evaluate and validate product vision to anticipate and address changing business and user needs. The role has profit and loss responsibilities for a product(s) ensuring it meets user, market, and business demand. This role is responsible for helping to identify opportunities for products to align to the firm’s broader organizational mission and strategy and that it is competitively positioned driving revenue and EY’s technological footprint in the market.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- This position is a leadership position responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap for a complex product or a set of products within a product family.
- Manages a mid-size team of product professionals.
- This leadership position is responsible for thought leadership ensuring the product supports the organization’s overall strategy and goals.
- Exceptional leadership with the ability to communicate the vision and goals of the product, product family, and offerings.
- Drive strategy development, establish priorities and manage the roadmap using criteria and requirements defined during research.
- Acts as the customer advocate articulating the user’s and/or buyer’s needs.
- Works closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure business case and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Has technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise.
- Defines what to solve in the market needs document, where you articulate the valuable market problem you’re solving along with priorities and justification for each part of the solution.
- Runs beta and pilot programs during the qualify phase with almost final products and samples. In Agile environments, regularly reviews completed work and checks with customers to ensure that it meets the customer expectations.
- Is a market expert. Market expertise includes understanding the reasons customers purchase products. This includes a deep understanding of the competition, and how customers think of and buy your product. Product Managers need market research and competitive analysis skills to complete these tasks.
- Acts as the product’s leader within the company.
- Develops the business case for new products, improvements to existing products, and business ventures.
- Responsible for the development and positioning of 2-3 mid-size products or 1 large enterprise product that is global with responsibility for complex customization. These products will contribute to solutions being sold through service lines and will support multi-million-dollar revenue streams for the firm. Develops positioning for the product.
- Recommends or requires an awareness of competitive pricing to understand how pricing impacts product profit margin compared to competition.
- Execute the product plan, collaborating with product owner, engineering and other teams.
- Demonstrate functionality of completed products to stakeholders.
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and features and determine necessary enhancements.
- Anticipate changes in market dynamics /models, adapts products, and creates product retirement and transitioning strategies.
- Identify new products and features to create growth opportunities.
- Manage the product lifecycle including market requirements, product release plans, user stories, release criteria, product launch, and organizational readiness activities.
- Collect market data and feature requests to define and prioritize the product backlog and manage the roadmap.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and customers to validate requirements and priorities through various forums (analysis, meetings, focus groups, etc.) and refine those requirements for broad market applicability.
- Collaborate with user experience, business analysts and engineers with a focus on defining product functionality and designing solutions that bring differentiating value to our current and prospective clients.
- Monitor market changes and trends to assess competitive positioning and opportunities for strategic product enhancements.
- Provide regular updates about product direction and release plans to the senior stakeholders and clients.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Identify new growth strategies for product(s)
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Disciplined in data driven analysis and decision making to identify issues, trends, and product enhancements.
- Will be expected to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experienced Product Manager in software solutions environment
- Exceptional budgeting and stakeholder management skills required
- Excellent communications skills – strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at explaining technical information in a manner which is understood by non-technical clients.
- Extensive knowledge of the software development cycle and project management methodologies
- Exceptional relationship management skills to work effectively with clients, project teams and vendor across multiple geographies.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Exceptional strategic thinking, ability to consider impact opportunities of a fast-changing technology market onto Business Unit, paired with ability to propose practical implementation approaches
- Exceptional decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various parts of the Business and IT
- Possess a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong leadership skills prioritizing overall deadlines and providing supervision of all members of global team
- Sets and monitors goals and assess overall performance of team members and actively participates in the formal Review Committees for the team
- Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
- Delivers results through others, leveraging the ability to lead through influence
- Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
- Strong influencing skills are required to work with other departments or leaders and encourage effective feedback for all team members with stakeholders beyond the team
- Coaches, mentors, develops less experienced product managers, analysts.
- Responsible for supporting Diversity and Inclusiveness initiatives and for creating a culture of belonging.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines
- Travel to include international may be required.
- BS/BA required. MBA/MA/MS preferred
- Approximately 10+ years management experience
- Approximately 5+ in a product management
- Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred
- Product Management, Azure DevOps, SAFe or equivalent certifications preferred