Role- Senior FP&A Manager
Location- London, Farringdon
Work with us
At Photobox group, we’re here to help turn photos – from the everyday quick snap to the precious, once-in-a-lifetime event – into the most thoughtful gifts.
We need people who thrive on delivering amazing customer experiences, never standing still and constantly challenging the status quo. We’re always looking for new and better ways to consistently deliver results and delight customers.
We’re a place for self starters and free thinkers. We work nimbly and react quickly to changing circumstances. We believe in working together to solve problems, learn new things and share knowledge.
We’re at an exciting time in our evolution. We’re growing up but not growing old. We want people who can take us to the next level. People who have been there and done that, and now want to turn that experience into something different and exciting. In return we’ll invest all we can in helping you thrive in our family of brands.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior FP&A Manager role is part of a dynamic team of seven which undertakes financial planning and analysis (FP&A) for manufacturing and distribution (Production) across all four manufacturing plants and three brands in the Photobox Group. The role reports into the FP&A Director – Group Production and has line management responsibility for four members of the team. This role is responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, analysis and management reporting of all manufacturing costs, helping optimise production and supplier costs and setting stretching (but achievable) financial plans, and for identifying and delivering continuous FP&A process improvements.
- Plan and execute the end to end Production budget process, including effective stakeholder engagement across Production and the Brand FP&A teams.
- Support the business in the identification and delivery of cost savings initiatives and overall cost management.
- Manage and communicate standard unit production cost by product.
- Create periodic (re)forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities, challenging the business teams and agreeing actions.
- Generate and present management reports that provide insightful business analysis on performance trends, variances, investment opportunities, risks and opportunities. Present to key stakeholders including senior business leaders across Production and the brands.
- Develop and provide recommendations on business cases for production capital investment
- Create effective and credible partnerships with key stakeholders, including Production, Financial Accounting and the brand FP&A teams, to drive insight and identify actions to maximise profitability.
- Develop and deliver a cycle of continuous improvement of FP&A systems and processes, to support the accuracy, timeliness and standardisation of financials and financial analysis across the group.
- Manage and develop a high-quality team across four locations.
- Provide insight and support to the Shipping & Projects Manager within the team.
Skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant with at least 4-6 years of PQE.
- Very strong financial modelling and Excel skills.
- Ability to link financial results and outcomes to operational and commercial trends.
- Ability to communicate, challenge and influence at a senior level.
- Managing a team, ideally across more than one location.
The ideal Candidate will:
- Have experience working in similar business environment (e.g. manufacturing or distribution). Online/e-commerce experience would be a bonus.
- Have experience working across countries and cultures.
- Be eager to work in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Be willing to undertake short term travel.
- You are data hungry with a curiosity and drive for understanding financial information. Able to develop run and interpret financial reports and present insightful recommendations based on your analysis.
- Hands on and able to react quickly to the day to day requirements of the business, supported by your team.
- Commercially astute with the ability to articulate financial information to business leaders and tell the story behind the numbers.
- Able to build a strong team identity and community despite the geographical spread of team members
- Strong relationship building and business partnering skills. Able to work collaboratively as well as constructively challenge key stakeholders.
- Work well under pressure with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Relentlessly focused on continuous improvement.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and take initiative.
- Eager to learn and develop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident and effective in communicating with both Finance and Non-Finance staff.
We want to give back to you as much as possible for all your hard work, so on top of our competitive salaries, we offer all sorts of benefits including 25 days annual holiday, private medical and dental care, contributory pension, life assurance, eye care, season ticket loan, cycle scheme and generous credits to spend on our products.
As we are a fun bunch, we also run regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – but we know your own time is important, so you can be as involved as little or as much as you’d like.
We also value continuous learning opportunities, so we have all sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’ve also launched some exciting New learning and development tools!