Retail Store Manager
Full time, Perm, 37.5 hours
£17,472 + bonus + excellent benefits
Closing date: 27th September 2019 0:00
Do you have retail management experience? Are you a commercially aware manager with a passion for charity, keen to engage with your local community? If so we have a fantastic opportunity at our Newmarket Store as Store Manager.
We have over 1700 members of staff working across our network of 600 shops, with the united goal of having 3 out of 4 survivors of cancer by 2034. With more shops opening this coming year, it’s a great time to join us.
As the most successful retail chain in the charity sector, our stores raise more money for our cause than anyone else on the high street, last year bringing in £26.4 million.
To find out more about our retail teams click here
What will I be doing?
In this varied role you will be instrumental to making sure the store is at the hub of the local community. You will act as the face of Cancer Research UK, raising public awareness of our campaigns.
For the full job description and more about working with us click here
- Being responsible for the day to day operational running of your store.
- Guiding, inspiring and engaging a group of volunteers.
- Attracting and recruiting volunteers for your store.
- Managing paid staff.
- Organising and running creative fundraising events for your store.
- Ensuring top quality donations to your store, making sure you hit targets and keep it running at a profit.
- Leading by example and getting stuck in! (For example, with stock processing – sorting, steaming, pricing and displaying a high volume of donations).
- Implementing effective processes to support the smooth running of the store/stock room.
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of high street fashion retail
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- Comfortable with working to key performance indicators (KPI’s)/sales targets
- Experience of using computers for business purposes
What are the perks….
- Running your shop, your way
- Monthly bonus scheme based on percentage growth of donated stock against your shops target. Area bonus scheme – awarded yearly based on your teams donated sales income against target (T&Cs apply)
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service
- Competitive pension scheme, season loan tickets, and deals at your favourite restaurants
- Dedicated retail trainer and on-hand learning and development teams
** Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory basic DBS check.
At CRUK we value diversity and we’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from October 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.